Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Slipstream SSV Redline

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
very niceeee. just like every other vf... needs to be dropped

JR4689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Cheers for your comments guys. I didnt think anything of the sign behind until u mlentioned it lol. I asked them about lowering it and they use xyz and quoted me 1850 i think thats supplied and fitted. Villn808 im not sure of the offset.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for your comments guys. I didnt think anything of the sign behind until u mlentioned it lol. I asked them about lowering it and they use xyz and quoted me 1850 i think thats supplied and fitted. Villn808 im not sure of the offset.

Okay, is kind of important to know if you're going to lower it. It could determine how low you can comfortably go. Looks like the guards will definitely need rolled.

JR4689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Cheers for the heads up. I might give the supplier a ring and ask him. Villn, u have xyz dont you? What are your thoughts on xyz compared to standard and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for the heads up. I might give the supplier a ring and ask him. Villn, u have xyz dont you? What are your thoughts on xyz compared to standard and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

I like them, the ride is pretty good in relation to stock with dampening set to halfway. I have been in a few other cars with coilovers (japs not Commodores) and the ride with the XYZ's is a lot better. I paid $1650 installed but that was a year ago.

JR4689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Thanks Villn much appreciated on the feed back.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
hey mate, great looking wheel, the red brakes look great, I will be odd one out and say just use a lowering spring and leave the stock shocks, why change something that works good already. Have a look at eibach pro kit or go a King Spring to drop the car alittle to get the right stance.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If you swap out the springs you are changing the OEM suspension tune so why not do it properly and fit shocks to suit.

The FE3 setup works well but there is still a lot of improvement in it plus many aftermarket components that will outperform the OEM equipment.

It all depends on what you want, a comfy ride, a nice stance, improved handling or a combination of all.

It’s your choice, just make sure you take it to a shop that knows their business and tell them what you want and why and they’ll make recommendations for you to pick from.

JR4689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Long time between posts but finally got around to lowering my car. Here it is currently.
received_140491334105727.jpeg
received_708639686750627.jpeg
received_461834941468077.jpeg
received_689466815105399.jpeg