Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 VF SV6

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Here’s my VIN, I’m pretty sure it got taken out in the MY16 Models
6G1fB5E38FL117008

If I remember how to read the VIN number correctly that “FL” means it’s a MY15 model? Again just strange how paperwork says MY16

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
What paperwork says it's a MY16 ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I would have thought the 10th bit of the vin should have been G not F for a my16 as F is my15.

It might be a s1 with a bumper change due to an accident or someone just changed it and they just told stories on the paperwork.
If you add that with the other s2 features missing on the inside it is quite likely the case.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
The re-styling without the fog lights kicked off The VF2...question is, was there such a thing as a MY15 VF2??

The big step up in standard kit such as sat nav, HUD etc began with the MY16 Black Series which also has push button start...all of this became standard on the SV6, incl the black highlighted wheel rims when the Black Series finished.

So all in all, a VF2 model would have to be seen as higher value than an otherwise identical VF but early VF2 certainly lacked some kit that then became standard...a trap for people buying a VF2 thinking they were getting all the features of the latter VF2 MY16/17 range.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
The car was built in late February 15 but the paperwork says MY16
Being a February build you've got a Series 1 MY15 as series 2 starts from September '15

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The re-styling without the fog lights kicked off The VF2...question is, was there such a thing as a MY15 VF2??
Nah, if a car is released after about July in the year it's always the next year's "model year".

Papadoc, assuming I hadn't paid extra money to get a VF2 over a VF, it would in no way bother me if I had a VF instead of the VF2 I expected. However, you mention "paperwork", so if a dealer sold this to you as a VF2 & it DOES bother you, I think you've got grounds upon which to do something about it. Especially given that MY16 definitively describes VF2. Most likely, however, someone's accidentally written or transcribed a "16" rather than a "15" on whatever that paperwork is.

I once spent an hour on the 'phone talking to the Roads & Traffic Authority because I'd just bought an untouched factory car with a 2L engine whereas the registration papers said 2212cc. Although the RTA person didn't believe me, it turned out that their records were wrong for the spec-level of car I had, and they had the naturally-aspirated version's cubic-capacity on the turbo version of the car. If I wanted the paperwork changed I'd have to go to an engineering signatory & get a report ... it wasn't worth the hassle, and I figured the chance of it ever being a problem for me was low.
Typos & transcription errors happen all the time.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
So this would seem to be a VF with a VF2 front bar?

I seem to recall people asking whether a VF could be retro fitted with a VF2 bar and the response was not so easy...but maybe that was in the context of DIY??...maybe not so difficult for a panel beater particularly if the front had to be re-built??...not trying to be smart or upset the OP but just curious

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
It's a straight swap for the bumpers, the only things that don't need changing is the top grille cover, under tray, sensors and headlights. Everything else needs to change so bar, grilles, drls and guard liners as vf2 has 'air curtain' ducts

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Sorry I can’t reply to you all individually but thanks so much for the help. Everyone who responded is a life saver!

I think Forg is right about the wrong information being entered about the car, I’m not bothered by it but I’ve had the car for around a year and I’ve always wanted to know. When I got my receipt from Holden that said “MY16” that got the wheels spinning all over again on wanting to figure out what my car actually is.

The car could’ve very well had a bumper replacement, it doesn’t look like it but it certainly could have. Either way I’m still happy just to know what my car actually is lol.

again thank you all the help, I didn’t expect all the support I got.

cheers

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Everything else needs to change so bar, grilles, drls and guard liners as vf2 has 'air curtain' ducts

Erm...what are 'air curtain ducts'??
I have never heard of this before on the VFII.