Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 VFII SSV Redline - Phantom with 20" black Vertini RF1.1 Wheels

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
Looks great.

What are the spec on those rims?

Widths and offsets?

And the tyre sizes?

I've made the pics easier to see.

181543d1455151828-my16-vfii-ssv-redline-phantom-20-black-vertini-rf1-1-wheels-164.jpg

181544d1455153941-my16-vfii-ssv-redline-phantom-20-black-vertini-rf1-1-wheels-160.jpg

181545d1455153941-my16-vfii-ssv-redline-phantom-20-black-vertini-rf1-1-wheels-165.jpg

181546d1455153942-my16-vfii-ssv-redline-phantom-20-black-vertini-rf1-1-wheels-166.jpg

181547d1455153943-my16-vfii-ssv-redline-phantom-20-black-vertini-rf1-1-wheels-167.jpg

thanks mate, heaps better!

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
King Springs come in more than two options.

Looking at your ride height I’ll have a guess and say they are SSSL front and rear.

Going 20’s over 19’s wouldn’t make any difference to your scraping as the tyre profile changes from one to the other to maintain the overall tyre diameter.

You could go a lower profile tyre but then you’d not meet the required load rating.

It all comes down to offsets and yours are very aggressive.

I’ve had 20x10 with 295 wide tyres without ever scrapping.

Have you any idea what the offsets are?

Yeah unfortunately i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the technical aspects of the wheel fitment - I'm sure the place that fitted them will still have the offsets; i can touch base with them if it would help you out...

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
Yeah unfortunately i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the technical aspects of the wheel fitment - I'm sure the place that fitted them will still have the offsets; i can touch base with them if it would help you out...

dan 292 (Large).jpgdan 295 (Large).jpgdan 294 (Large).jpgdan 291 (Large).jpg

my old car definitely had a few issues with the wheels - wore to the belts on the inside inch of the rears with 10,000 kms more to go around the outside of the tyre.. took about 3 goes to get the front balanced at the start too..

The new one seems to have a lot more rear traction, and no balance/tramlining issues...

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride

I reckon about +40 on the back at least. Are they 9.5 or 10 inch rears? I have 10.5 inch rears, +42 with a stretched 275 and it needs a decent dip in the road at 100kph with a full load for a wee squeak, and it sits a fair bit lower I think.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

No problem, it’s not that important as I was just asking out of interest in case you knew them off the top of your head.

Though it doesn’t hurt to ask the supplier so you know your offsets as it’s a simple calculation to understand and to get them right is the difference between scraping the guard or not or for even fouling the inner guard and suspension components.

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
No problem, it’s not that important as I was just asking out of interest in case you knew them off the top of your head.

Though it doesn’t hurt to ask the supplier so you know your offsets as it’s a simple calculation to understand and to get them right is the difference between scraping the guard or not or for even fouling the inner guard and suspension components.

Yeah there's obviously quite a lot to it - i just left it to the experts :doh:tyre.jpg

They were pretty good about it to be fair - replaced it with no fuss...

Romyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to be Blown VF Redline
Awesome car mate, I have a similar look series 1 but without the awesome rims

Last edited by a moderator:

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
Awesome car mate, I have a similar look series 1 but without the awesome rims

thanks mate! I'd love it to have a big stick under the hood like yours though!

Lion Chaser

Reaction score
Hiya mate, do you notice any distortion or anything in rear guard since rolled. Did you need to roll the guard to fit this wheel on