Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Swing and a miss assuming I'm in sales. At the flak end of it, copping crap from people who don't know any better, complaining about cold starts and "WHY IS MY CAR USING HEAPS MORE FUEL I HAVE A LEMON", I think it's a good move. Claiming it's the most redeeming feature is a bit of a stretch though given how few people actually use it (and the people that come in that DO use it cause many dramas as above). Availability of E85 is a limiting feature in itself which is why your average mum and dad owner doesn't use it.

From a product capability perspective, sure, it's not that great a move, but as I said before, the sorts of people who are likely to use it seriously are likely to get the car tuned anyway. Nobody complained when it was dropped from the Captiva range and few other manufacturers support it.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So it's a good move, eh? Pray tell what other single thing is the most redeeming feature that offsets the horrendous efficiency and embarrassing specific output if it is not using a dirt cheap local Eco fuel?

It's definitely one of Holden's crowning engineering developments in recent years, tied to a responsible Australian government initiative for building sustainable industry, so no, foreign car manufacturers are not in the same position to support it.

If the Cruze turbo got it versus the Captiva then people would've complained I'm sure.

Regarding availability it's fricken everywhere, all over the eastern seaboard. Problem is that nobody at Holden is driving this bus, CBF doing a paper map or PDF mail campaign / mobile app with Google waypoints.

The reason it was a PiTA for you and Holden is because it wasn't communicated (sold) simply enough. Good sales (and good service) comes from good open communication, as I'm sure you know.

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The bloody mess of it is that from the factory the car doesn't start well on real e85 despite claiming to. Holden manufacturing could have rectified the issue and made this selling feature really sell but decided to sit on their hands and let the technology die. Shameful.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Checked my handbook and fuel cap and says it's e10 capable, but not e85.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Interesting Dan, mine says E85. Havnt tried it even though its on my fuel card. Not enough servos close. Maybe MY15 is different.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Yep, that's the whole point of the current discussion Arron haha. MY14 was e85 capable but MY15 is e10 only. Doesn't really bother me all that much as I'll only ever run 98, but would have been nice to have the option I guess?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yep, that's the whole point of the current discussion Arron haha. MY14 was e85 capable but MY15 is e10 only. Doesn't really bother me all that much as I'll only ever run 98, but would have been nice to have the option I guess?

It is still compatible just not supported by Holden, apparently. No reason, no details, no announcement, only conjecture.

FFAman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
If the abysmal fuel economy I got from E85 V E10 is anything to go by im not surprised. 2.5L/100 worse..

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Well you've had several responses on this forum and not one of them will be officially from Holden and none of them have satisfied you because they aren't directly from Holden.

So the conclusion I would draw is the best choice for you is to call or write to Holden directly. Please update the thread when you do get official word.