Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Heron White Motorsport Edition Commodore

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I thought I would start a thread on my new Motorsport Edition Commodore which is currently getting built, it came out of paint shop today 17/5/17.

I did a thread on my MY16 Jungle Fever SSV Redline back in 2016, which people seemed to enjoy. So I thought I would do another one, I hope you guys enjoy my posts.

Previous thread on my MY16 Jungle Fever SSV Redline.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my16-jungle-green-ssv-redline.255878/

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Bring it on SC, looking forward to it.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Great read super coach. ? The Calais interior auto diming mirror. Was that plug n play as I'm keen to do it for my Redline.

Last edited:

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I thought I would start a thread on my new Motorsport Edition Commodore which is currently getting built, it came out of paint shop today 17/5/17.

I did a thread on my MY16 Jungle Fever SSV Redline back in 2016, which people seemed to enjoy. So I thought I would do another one, I hope you guys enjoy my posts.

Previous thread on my MY16 Jungle Fever SSV Redline.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my16-jungle-green-ssv-redline.255878/
If it's anything like the last one it will be great.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 1.
I was always keeping an eye on the media to see what news they would report about these final commemorative or farewell editions from Holden. Even though I was picking up my brand new Jungle Fever SSV Redline in a months’ time, it was 8 August 2016 that a hint was given that something was coming out from Holden. As soon as I heard that, I started to ask my contacts at the factory if they could divulge any info to me, on the strict terms that I wouldn’t share the info publicly and would only benefit for my own self-knowledge. There wasn’t much info around at that time as it turns out most of this stuff was skunk-works in Melbourne. But I was guaranteed that there would be no more power increases to these special models, that was a known a fact. Also that there would be no badges, these special models would just have stickers and that the name 'Bathurst' was being thrown around. Interesting…….

Was I making the right choice in buying myself a Jungle Fever Redline and not waiting until 2017 for these Farewell Special Editions?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
tenor.gif

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 2.

The day came to pick up my brand new Jungle Fever Redline and all was forgotten about the special farewell edition. I was living in the moment enjoying my new purchase. It wasn’t until a few weeks later in September 2016 that I was advised that the new name would be “Motorsport” and there would also be another special model named “Director” and something about a ‘Commemorative’ model. As I read early on in the year that the “Bathurst” name was being dropped. I was also able to confirm the following; that if your car was delivered in January 2017 it would be a MY16 Model, all MY17 production would start in January 2017 with delivery to customers in February 2017. All model variants would be available plus the Director, which had 'Director' spelt out across the boot, heated/cooled seats, silver brembo's, slotted disc's, MRC, TPMS and special 20" alloys which have a red band going around the edge. The Motorsport Edition will have slotted disc's, heat/cooled memory seats, all chrome will be deleted and the blackout pack standard, TPMS and MRC. And low and behold, the exact thing I was told made it into the media the following few days.

At that point, in time, I was happy to forgo the special edition with chevy ss seats and MRC really wasn’t on mind. I also had not seen what the car would look like to wet my appetite.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 3.

The first complementary inspection came around a few months later for my Redline and whilst I waited for them to finish with my car, my sales person came out to have a chat with me. I asked if he had any info about these upcoming special models? but all he could give me was info about the normal MY17 updates, as that’s all that was being talked about at the time. I stated that I knew a bit of info on these limited editions and if he could confirm them. He said “that I always was the first to know about things before they did and that perhaps I should get a job at the dealership” haha

I got sent a message advising there was to be a media day in December for journo’s to test drive these 3 Limited Edition models and that the 3 names had been confirmed. Motorsport Edition for the Redline, Director for the Calais and Magnum for the ute. I was told that there would be no badging on the Motorsport and that it would be all stickers, the stickers would come in red and black. I was sent a photo showing what the stickers would look like on the Motorsport which was similar to the Tekno package ones.

I was left feeling abit underwhelmed with the appearance of the Motorsport and had only my imagination to go by on what these cars would look like. Surely Holden was not going to make these final editions just sticker packs like the Vacationer model?!?!?!

The other element of surprise or suspense would be that I was just about to head on an overseas trip that would take me well into 2017, so how was I going to keep track on the changes and developing stories on these limited editions if I didn’t have any internet?