Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Heron White Motorsport Edition Commodore

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Where is pt 4?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Pt 3.

The first complementary inspection came around a few months later for my Redline and whilst I waited for them to finish with my car, my sales person came out to have a chat with me. I asked if he had any info about these upcoming special models? but all he could give me was info about the normal MY17 updates, as that’s all that was being talked about at the time. I stated that I knew a bit of info on these limited editions and if he could confirm them. He said “that I always was the first to know about things before they did and that perhaps I should get a job at the dealership” haha

I got sent a message advising there was to be a media day in December for journo’s to test drive these 3 Limited Edition models and that the 3 names had been confirmed. Motorsport Edition for the Redline, Director for the Calais and Magnum for the ute. I was told that there would be no badging on the Motorsport and that it would be all stickers, the stickers would come in red and black. I was sent a photo showing what the stickers would look like on the Motorsport which was similar to the Tekno package ones.

I was left feeling abit underwhelmed with the appearance of the Motorsport and had only my imagination to go by on what these cars would look like. Surely Holden was not going to make these final editions just sticker packs like the Vacationer model?!?!?!

The other element of surprise or suspense would be that I was just about to head on an overseas trip that would take me well into 2017, so how was I going to keep track on the changes and developing stories on these limited editions if I didn’t have any internet?

If I am to get a beast to update it would be a Jungle Green with a Tekno upgrade and a blackout kit - like your sample shot. I think it looks mean and I would only use it on track days. Need some money, space in the garage, and approval from the Mrs...

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I love the front lip on that Tekno SS.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
i'm confused were is the car???

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Pt 4.

It is December and I am in Europe enjoying a white Christmas and checking the forums regularly when I get internet connection whilst on my travels to see if any further news or images have emerged. Then it happens on the 14 December, it is reported that Holden confirms it will be doing three farewell limited edition models and that a website will go live on December 15, where people can register their interests. The image that I was shown months before with the red highlights appears as a teaser for people. For the next few weeks, I have nothing but Holden Commodore on my mind. Do I or do I not commit to purchase one of these final limited edition, given that I have just purchased a brand new Redline a few months back?

Fast forward to December 30th and I am in Rome, walking around seeing the sights but also looking at the variety of cars driving around the streets (or maybe not driving due to the congestion) and I spot a Ferrari. Sure its anything but a LS3 Holden V8, but the smile on the guys face says it all. It gets me thinking again, should I commit to one of the special editions knowing well that my CV8Z Monaro is more desirable than a CV8 Monaro as it too is a limited edition. I am sent another shot of the HF20 Alloys with red band and red centre caps and it is enough to convince me to email my sales person. I ask if I can put a deposit down on one, on the condition that if I do not like the specs, appearance, and choice of colour or if the price is too high I can get a refund in full. So as a belated Christmas present to myself and to start the new year right in 2017 and pay homage to an Australian icon, I put down a deposit for a Motorsport Edition in Heron White.

COOP_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SV6 Wagon Alto Grey
Saw a Motorsport edition for the first time in the flesh today looked awesome! must have been an early customer car

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 5.

The big day arrives, January 19, 2017 and social media goes a frenzy, with the covers and the embargo lifted on the 3 limited edition models. For those of us who registered our interest back in December on the micro site, we got a lovely email from Holden detailing the model we were interested in. Instantly I am drawn to the Heron White Motorsport. Finally, I can see the full picture now after all the little snippets I have been sent over the past few months. Instantly I love it and hate it at the same time. The Ford R Spec comes to mind when I see the Red decals and mirror caps. The interior looks fab and it’s great to see the return of the red interior stitching. The micro website is fantastic, showing you videos, pictures and specs and really builds up the excitement. The red Motorsport is a bit more conservative for me, especially with that little tiny lip spoiler and I instantly know the white with black wing is for me. Now the fun begins in working out what config and options I want for my new Motorsport.

7z2aern.jpg

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 6.

I am lucky enough to receive a copy of the special Commodore MY17 Limited Editions models product information guide. It contains all the goodies that the selling dealer needs to know about these cars and goes in depth about the details, specs and options of the cars. Now comes the question of how do I build my car and what options to go for? Lip spoiler or wing? Red centre caps? Car cover? Power hood decal? I settle pretty early on that I will go for the black rear wing, red centre caps, tow bar (factory fit), mud flaps and car cover. But I begin wondering what a Motorsport will look like in the other colours that are available? Because there are no renderings or pictures of the other colours to compare to, the photoshopping begins, as my next favourite colour is Spitfire Green. Would I regret no going white and changing my colour to green? I am advised I have up until April to lock in what I want.

FdzytvB.jpg

mX5rteR.jpg

v2r1Hru.jpg