Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
would it be right in thinking that holdens priority here next year will be the new commodore, barina spark and Arcadia - especially the Arcadia.

What else are they going to focus on, Lol..I wish they would focus on pushing for a RHD Camero, but that aint gonna happen.

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
What else are they going to focus on, Lol..I wish they would focus on pushing for a RHD Camero, but that aint gonna happen.

i don't understand why they would not advertise what their supposed halo v8 car will be. I mean are the HSV's running out the door in terms of sales, because if the camero or corvette was supposed to be the next v8 halo car and HSV's are not selling why not mention 1000% what the next v8 halo car is.

Alex Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
How did you source this? that website that people use to get multiple quotes?

Nope, old fashioned leg work.

Spoke a few dealers compared quotes, pitted one against the other until I was happy.

First quote i got was 57,000 and got it down to 53,200

Don't listen to the first thing the dealer tells you about paying a premium for my16s because they're all getting tiny allocations of my17s and need to make cash, bargaining is alive and well.

How did you source this? that website that people use to get multiple quotes?

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
"Making" or "turning over" ?

Very big difference between the two.

GM would be turning over well more than $1 Billion per month I would think.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
hmm I like the colours and wish the ice grey and orange was available as part of our MY17 range. Looks like light my fire is a darker version of the Orange as part of the Chevy range. If that ice grey and orange were included as part of our MY17 range im going to have one hell of a decision based on colour alone. Im still on the fence on the spitfire colour.

They will be, although 'Ice Grey' is our slipstream silver and 'orange blast' is light my fire.

The colors always look very different online than they do in real life.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
GM would be turning over well more than $1 Billion per month I would think.

I agree and timeandhayley has confirmed.

It is just that many people don't make the distinction which can greatly skew the story.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hi All,

Just ordered a manual my16 r/l in red hot.

Picked it up for 53,200 with black out kit too.

Once I take out the gst (buying via novated lease) my cost will be 48,590!!!

If you're in the fence, stop your dilly dallying and go buy a cheap as chips my16 and not the 60k+ my17, it's put me 12k ahead of depreciation immediately.

All for what... tpms and black inserts on the dash/steering wheel.... hardly worth it

Congrats on the purchase mate, but I think you are over inflating things a little with the $12k 'savings'. Auto vs manual and standard vs metallic paint is a difference of $3000 just there, which is why you car appears so cheap. Blackout kit is also standard on my17. Claiming the gst as a saving is irrelevant as I assume you'd get the same deduction on a my17.
Then there is the fact that your car's build date is possibly a few months old already, and come Jan 1 your car will have an instant depreciation hit as it becomes last year's model.
Of course dealers are willing to negotiate on my16 as they have yards full of them that they want to get rid of. You will be hard pressed finding anyone willing to discount a built to order my17.
Im happy that I ordered a my17 even if I paid a little extra, as my car will be delivered factory fresh a week or two after being built and will be a true "last of" the Commodore.
Depreciation doesn't faze me as its a keeper, and if $$$ were my only concern when buying a car I'd probably be looking at a $15k econobox instead.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Yup - I worked for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada before moving here... every car we produced on the line was sold to an actual customer not a dealer.
Toyota was number 3 then and quickly became number 1 after GM went tits up in 2009 based on the business plan they are continuing with today.
When you're in the business of making things to sell you need buyers. When you run out of buyers you need to stop making things - hence the additional downtime beyond Christmas for the 10000 workers in January.
They've got a massive oversupply of stock burning a hole in dealers pockets across the US market. The GM manufacturer incentives are up 25% to move this unwanted product of dealers hands. GM considers a vehicle a 'sale' while its en route to a dealer so there is a false economy when it comes to units sold. Bob Lutz was warning about this event nearly a year ago and here it comes.

Really? Are you at all familiar with the way businesses run today? Whats the quickest way to cut some costs and increase the bottom line?

iiNet saw revenues of AUD1.059 billion in FY 2016. iiNet is now cutting staff left, right and centre in Melbourne & Sydney.

GM has nearly a 1/4 Million staff. In fact in the 5 years between 2010-2015, staff numbers grew from 202,000, to over 215,000. Do you think 10 000 is a huge number when you consider the numbers of staff? Look at GM's financials.