Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

207 line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR
PS. Nice looking car 207 Line, does have an aggressive air about it in that colour. Sealing the paint with something like Anglepolish Glasscoat will make it a lot easier to keep clean being a dark colour, it'll make it super shiny too :)
Cheers Martin Norris, totally agree with the use of Anglepolish. A mate of mine uses it on his bema and it does look great and much easier on the cleaning.

207 line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR
I like your idea regarding a stubby aerial and black badges. I presume you got the badges at a Holden dealer. Was it the same for the stubby aerial and how much did each item cost?
P.S I showed the pic if your car to a friend to show how my ssvr will look and his comment was "epic"
Dealer wont sell you after market and non genuine products. Had to go on ebay to source and roughly pay in the $20's for each item. Check it out for yourself. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-9...825524?hash=item3ad0b80af4:g:z5oAAOSwnHZYgEHe Rear Lion logo is slightly smaller at 95 mm were as the frt grille is the standard size of 130mm. Frt has four retaining pins that you slowly ease around with a thin non scratch jimmy tool then stick replacement badge on. Back badge needs to be heated up and then run a bit of thin fishing wire or dental floss behind it to remove. Clean off excess glue with eucalyptus oil. I have my badge stock on order and will post a pic once the job is done.

lockstock81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Calais and SV6 getting some good tech upgrades.

2017 specs and prices:

Evoke
Sedan AT – $35,490
Sportwagon AT – $37,490
Ute AT – $33,490

SV6
Sedan AT – $40,490
Sportwagon AT – $42,490
Ute AT – $37,190

SS
Sedan MT – $47,490
Sedan AT – $49,690
Sportwagon AT – $51,690
Ute MT – $43,990
Ute AT – $46,190

SS-V Redline
Sedan MT – $54,990
Sedan AT – $57,190
Sportwagon AT – $59,190
Ute MT – $52,490
Ute AT – $54,690

Calais
Sedan V6 AT – $42,540

Calais V
Sedan V6 AT – $48,750
Sedan V8 AT – $56,750
Sportwagon V6 AT – $50,750
Sportwagon V8 AT – $58,750

Caprice V
LWB Sedan V8 AT – $61,490
http://www.caradvice.com.au/518430/...-final-run-of-locally-made-range-now-on-sale/

Last edited:

Cajun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Hi All
I been lurking for past few months, and information here has been great, around colours, since that was biggest sticking point, since all the colours past few years have been pretty boring.

Was told two days ago from fleet company that the SSV redline wagon that was 'sold out', They have said what holden have told them. How can be sold out they are still making cars, and cars can be ordered.

So in turn contacted two dealers who said they can order me car, but with no discount/fleet prices avaiable.
One dealer quoted me over $2500 from what is listed on the holden site for and i asked whats the difference and he saids its extra dealer delivery fee, even tho the holden site says it includes dealer delivery.

Gone back to fleet company, told them to go back, and push harder since they are not sold out.
Not happy since, honestly there is no other cars around we want, we like wagons, and there is no good performance wagons around. that are not 6 figures

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Calais and SV6 getting some good tech upgrades.

2017 specs and prices:

Evoke
Sedan AT – $35,490
Sportwagon AT – $37,490
Ute AT – $33,490

SV6
Sedan AT – $40,490
Sportwagon AT – $42,490
Ute AT – $37,190

SS
Sedan MT – $47,490
Sedan AT – $49,690
Sportwagon AT – $51,690
Ute MT – $43,990
Ute AT – $46,190

SS-V Redline
Sedan MT – $54,990
Sedan AT – $57,190
Sportwagon AT – $59,190
Ute MT – $52,490
Ute AT – $54,690

Calais
Sedan V6 AT – $42,540

Calais V
Sedan V6 AT – $48,750
Sedan V8 AT – $56,750
Sportwagon V6 AT – $50,750
Sportwagon V8 AT – $58,750

Caprice V
LWB Sedan V8 AT – $61,490
http://www.caradvice.com.au/518430/...-final-run-of-locally-made-range-now-on-sale/
Is this exculing on roads & DD?

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
We were lucky enough to score a visit to holden hq in Melbourne this morning and see the cars in the flesh before they are shipped off to adelaide this afternoon.
Weren't allowed to take any photos for some stupid reason, chick on security was being a hard case. Girl who showed us through couldnt understand why as there were a million photos out there anyway...
Anyway all i can say is the SOAG Director looks awesome in the flesh! Lots of metalllic sparkle to it and def no colour matching issues on this one. The black grill looks spot on along with the other changes and gives it a much harder look than a normal calais. Only thing is the black roof blends in alot and doesnt stand out much, maybe in the sun it will. This is where maybe a nitrate director could be the best mix/balance for us.
The white one does look mint too although we did notice for some reason it is sitting about 40mm lower than all the other cars there including the motorsport...
One thing we noticed on the white director is it has some white/grey strips down the middle of the seats, on the dash lh side and in the stiching. Where as its a very dark grey on the SOAG and red stiching.
These cars really are euro quality without a doubt now and we are stoked to be getting on of very few directors.

And for the motorsport fans, you will def not be disappointed with a red one!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
We were lucky enough to score a visit to holden hq in Melbourne this morning and see the cars in the flesh before they are shipped off to adelaide this afternoon.
Weren't allowed to take any photos for some stupid reason, chick on security was being a hard case. Girl who showed us through couldnt understand why as there were a million photos out there anyway...
Anyway all i can say is the SOAG Director looks awesome in the flesh! Lots of metalllic sparkle to it and def no colour matching issues on this one. The black grill looks spot on along with the other changes and gives it a much harder look than a normal calais. Only thing is the black roof blends in alot and doesnt stand out much, maybe in the sun it will. This is where maybe a nitrate director could be the best mix/balance for us.
The white one does look mint too although we did notice for some reason it is sitting about 40mm lower than all the other cars there including the motorsport...
One thing we noticed on the white director is it has some white/grey strips down the middle of the seats, on the dash lh side and in the stiching. Where as its a very dark grey on the SOAG and red stiching.
These cars really are euro quality without a doubt now and we are stoked to be getting on of very few directors.

What did you think of the decals on the red Motorsport? I'm going to go white so I get all the red highlights. What did you think of the wheels? Did the red band stand out enough along with the holden word etched into the alloy?

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Awsome!, but still tossing up with the black though on the Motorsport