Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
my dealer wanted the final choice made on colours today so that they could lock it all in (not sure why when production is some way off yet)
I agree with spiderpig, I'm sure I read all orders had to be finalised by April. That said, when I mentioned it to my dealer I was advised April was too late and to finalise colour and options by March, sometimes I think they just make these things up on the run. As stated previously the MRC, put simply, is a variable resistance shock absorber using electro magnets. It has no bearing on ride height.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I agree with spiderpig, I'm sure I read all orders had to be finalised by April. That said, when I mentioned it to my dealer I was advised April was too late and to finalise colour and options by March, sometimes I think they just make these things up on the run. As stated previously the MRC, put simply, is a variable resistance shock absorber using electro magnets. It has no bearing on ride height.

Make sure they have all the bits to suit the colours and paint itself. last car down the line and no extra parts to save max $$$$

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
What did you think of the decals on the red Motorsport? I'm going to go white so I get all the red highlights. What did you think of the wheels? Did the red band stand out enough along with the holden word etched into the alloy?

I quite liked the sticker pack. The grey themed pne looked good on the Red ME and the also the red themed on the Black Magnum. The imprinted Holden name in the wheels I thought were hard to see until you had a closer look.
Screenshot_20170201-170610.jpg
Screenshot_20170201-171237.jpg
Screenshot_20170201-172203.jpg
Screenshot_20170201-172124.jpg

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
As stated previously the MRC, put simply, is a variable resistance shock absorber using electro magnets. It has no bearing on ride height.

Yeah thats what i thought too but couldn't work out why the ride height was different. Didn't know it was a mock up so all make sense now.

Does anyone have the skills to photoshop the photos previously posted here of the director at the launch and make it Nitrate?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
We were lucky enough to score a visit to holden hq in Melbourne this morning and see the cars in the flesh before they are shipped off to adelaide this afternoon.
Weren't allowed to take any photos for some stupid reason, chick on security was being a hard case. Girl who showed us through couldnt understand why as there were a million photos out there anyway...
Anyway all i can say is the SOAG Director looks awesome in the flesh! Lots of metalllic sparkle to it and def no colour matching issues on this one. The black grill looks spot on along with the other changes and gives it a much harder look than a normal calais. Only thing is the black roof blends in alot and doesnt stand out much, maybe in the sun it will. This is where maybe a nitrate director could be the best mix/balance for us.
The white one does look mint too although we did notice for some reason it is sitting about 40mm lower than all the other cars there including the motorsport...
One thing we noticed on the white director is it has some white/grey strips down the middle of the seats, on the dash lh side and in the stiching. Where as its a very dark grey on the SOAG and red stiching.
These cars really are euro quality without a doubt now and we are stoked to be getting on of very few directors.

And for the motorsport fans, you will def not be disappointed with a red one!
I was also lucky enough to get a look at these cars today at PT Melbourne, flew over from Radelaide for the day to have a look, they really look the goods, any one who has lucky enough to secure one will not be sorry. Soag looks really good, but it blends in too much with the black roof and highlights for mine, the black magnum looked s*^ss t hot with the red highlights , as mentioned, the white director still had the full Calaisv interior, sits very low, looks like it had been lowered, no driver preference dial, the Chevy ss seats are fantastic, really glad I made the trip today, bit of a pilgrimage for me as a Holden die-hard. Also went down to HSV and they had a GTSR in the showroom, those new rims look killer, hsv have done well with the whole package. Enjoy this journey we are on at the moment everyone, come October, fin.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I would have held out for a MY17 or MSE if they had a mid Grey/Silver Colour. SOAGG and Black are too similar IMO.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I would have held out for a MY17 or MSE if they had a mid Grey/Silver Colour. SOAGG and Black are too similar IMO.
Good point, Prussian would look great

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I was also lucky enough to get a look at these cars today at PT Melbourne, flew over from Radelaide for the day to have a look, they really look the goods, any one who has lucky enough to secure one will not be sorry. Soag looks really good, but it blends in too much with the black roof and highlights for mine, the black magnum looked s*^ss t hot with the red highlights , as mentioned, the white director still had the full Calaisv interior, sits very low, looks like it had been lowered, no driver preference dial, the Chevy ss seats are fantastic, really glad I made the trip today, bit of a pilgrimage for me as a Holden die-hard. Also went down to HSV and they had a GTSR in the showroom, those new rims look killer, hsv have done well with the whole package. Enjoy this journey we are on at the moment everyone, come October, fin.
Your thoughts on the red Motorsport?

Last edited:

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Good point, Prussian would look great

Yep, as soon as I heard the rumours from Supercoach I pulled the trigger on a My16

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Calais and SV6 getting some good tech upgrades.

2017 specs and prices:

Evoke
Sedan AT – $35,490
Sportwagon AT – $37,490
Ute AT – $33,490

SV6
Sedan AT – $40,490
Sportwagon AT – $42,490
Ute AT – $37,190

SS
Sedan MT – $47,490
Sedan AT – $49,690
Sportwagon AT – $51,690
Ute MT – $43,990
Ute AT – $46,190

SS-V Redline
Sedan MT – $54,990
Sedan AT – $57,190
Sportwagon AT – $59,190
Ute MT – $52,490
Ute AT – $54,690

Calais
Sedan V6 AT – $42,540

Calais V
Sedan V6 AT – $48,750
Sedan V8 AT – $56,750
Sportwagon V6 AT – $50,750
Sportwagon V8 AT – $58,750

Caprice V
LWB Sedan V8 AT – $61,490
http://www.caradvice.com.au/518430/...-final-run-of-locally-made-range-now-on-sale/

I reckon the article has it wrong with the new wheels and jet black interior for Calais V. Both are the same as last year on the build and price page. But it does get TPMS which isn't in the article..would have loved that in mine!