Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I reckon the article has it wrong with the new wheels and jet black interior for Calais V. Both are the same as last year on the build and price page. But it does get TPMS which isn't in the article..would have loved that in mine!
It's a mystery as to why there is no mention of tpms...
And they are still saying the Redline has "jade black applique" on the steering wheel when it is quite clearly chrome/silver.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Ditto

Your thoughts on the red Motorsport?
Looks killer. The stickers are a throw back to the VC HDT, if I wasn't hell bent on a director, I would be getting a red manual motorsport

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
We were lucky enough to score a visit to holden hq in Melbourne this morning and see the cars in the flesh before they are shipped off to adelaide this afternoon.
Weren't allowed to take any photos for some stupid reason, chick on security was being a hard case. Girl who showed us through couldnt understand why as there were a million photos out there anyway...
Anyway all i can say is the SOAG Director looks awesome in the flesh! Lots of metalllic sparkle to it and def no colour matching issues on this one. The black grill looks spot on along with the other changes and gives it a much harder look than a normal calais. Only thing is the black roof blends in alot and doesnt stand out much, maybe in the sun it will. This is where maybe a nitrate director could be the best mix/balance for us.
The white one does look mint too although we did notice for some reason it is sitting about 40mm lower than all the other cars there including the motorsport...
One thing we noticed on the white director is it has some white/grey strips down the middle of the seats, on the dash lh side and in the stiching. Where as its a very dark grey on the SOAG and red stiching.
These cars really are euro quality without a doubt now and we are stoked to be getting on of very few directors.

And for the motorsport fans, you will def not be disappointed with a red one!
Were you looking about 11am? I noticed some people looking at the cars that seemed to be non Holden people. The white Calais is based on a Calais and has dark windows to black it out to stop people seeing inside. The others are pilot Motorsport and Director. Maybe the white Director was the first one they converted.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Were you looking about 11am? I noticed some people looking at the cars that seemed to be non Holden people. The white Calais is based on a Calais and has dark windows to black it out to stop people seeing inside. The others are pilot Motorsport and Director. Maybe the white Director was the first one they converted.

Yeah that was us.

The white director looks alot different to the SOAG because of how much lower it sits and the very dark window tint. Looks a bit too auto salon style

Maxmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 HSV R8
I was also lucky enough to get a look at these cars today at PT Melbourne, flew over from Radelaide for the day to have a look, they really look the goods, any one who has lucky enough to secure one will not be sorry. Soag looks really good, but it blends in too much with the black roof and highlights for mine, the black magnum looked s*^ss t hot with the red highlights , as mentioned, the white director still had the full Calaisv interior, sits very low, looks like it had been lowered, no driver preference dial, the Chevy ss seats are fantastic, really glad I made the trip today, bit of a pilgrimage for me as a Holden die-hard. Also went down to HSV and they had a GTSR in the showroom, those new rims look killer, hsv have done well with the whole package. Enjoy this journey we are on at the moment everyone, come October, fin.

Wow - so you've seen a GTSR in the flesh? Great work. I presume it was GTSR and not W1? What colour was it? Surely they won't just let me wander in and have a look?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Wow - so you've seen a GTSR in the flesh? Great work. I presume it was GTSR and not W1? What colour was it? Surely they won't just let me wander in and have a look?
Yes I've seen it! Was not the W1, they had a light my fire GTSR and a red GTSR Maloo in the front foyer, which is accessible by the public. They will let you in, I just walked in off the street no problems, no photos though lol

Maxmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 HSV R8
Yes I've seen it! Was not the W1, they had a light my fire GTSR and a red GTSR Maloo in the front foyer, which is accessible by the public. They will let you in, I just walked in off the street no problems, no photos though lol

Great - thanks for the tip. I think a stop at HSV is definitely in order now.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Just as a matter of interest does anyone know whether any MSE's are still available? thanks.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
only where the deals have fallen through cos the dealer is asking stupid money. This might be only half a dozen nation wide.
http://www.motoring.com.au/holden-buyers-missing-out-105729/

Seems like Holden dealers aren't the only ones asking stupid money, what about these muppets:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ford-Falcon-2016/OAG-AD-14260531/?Cr=1

Considering they were $59990 before on roads when released. And they want $95000 before on roads now!...Jokers.