Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Im really keen on the limited edition Director. But with only around 200 cars being made, securing 1 of these would be near impossible, and probably already spoken for....hope im wrong.
If you are keen for one, and I see your ride listed as a VE Senator, have you discussed with a dealer and prepared to put a deposit down, it seems certain there will be such a model. As you say this will be limited edition, you may need to declare your interest by putting some money down.

DirectorLs3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Senator
If you are keen for one, and I see your ride listed as a VE Senator, have you discussed with a dealer and prepared to put a deposit down, it seems certain there will be such a model. As you say this will be limited edition, you may need to declare your interest by putting some money down.

I will head down to my local dealer early this week. I doubt they'll be able to shed anymore light on the specs, as there's been no official information released about it from Holden. My issue is, ive never been a big fan of the calais front end....so I'm hoping they do something with it. I suppose there's the Motorsport Edition also. I'm considering an SV Black Edition Clubby..as im assuming both these LE models wouldn't be a great deal less?
I just wish i could see what I'm potentially buying...before putting a deposit down.
Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm considering an SV Black Edition Clubby..as im assuming both these LE models wouldn't be a great deal less?
I doubt they will be considerably less; the Black Editions have been around for a while now, I'm sure I've seen dealers advertising them for about the RRP for a SSVR wagon (which of course you ain't paying for a current SSVR wagon - but for a limited edition in high-demand there may be no discounts at all).

Last edited:

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey Jack - I'm the general public and have a MY17 plated car on order .. build supposed to start 4 Jan and estimated delivery 30 Jan. I have a feeling this sheila i'm dealing with needs to join the forum and get a clue from Schultzy and the other blokes on here about he program before the war ends and Klink disappears for good.

Having a "MY17 Plated car" and having a 2017 Model Commodore are 2 different things. There has been no official announcement yet and the 2017 Model Commodore is not yet available to order. If she is telling you otherwise, she is telling you porky pigs!

So the build is supposed to start over the Christmas/ New Year period?

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I doubt they will be considerably less; the Black Editions have been around for a while now, I'm sure I've seen dealers advertising them for about the RRP for a SSVR wagon (which of course you ain't paying for a current SSVR wagon - but for a limited edition in high-demand there may be no discounts at all).

You can make your own "black edition".

DirectorLs3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Senator

Yeah that's what i was trying to say. SV Black Editions can be had for $65k drive away....these LE models wouldn't be much off that price....just a matter of what i want more really.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can make your own "black edition".
While this may be true, you'd have to find a 2015 model-year R8 still sitting in a dealer as a starting-point ... there weren't any 2016 LS3 HSV Clubbies apart from the Black Edition & Track Edition were there?

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, but even for the used ones they're asking nearly as much as a Black Edition; OK, that $77k for the new one is a complete joke, but even if you negotiated $5k off the used ones, wouldn't you rather just pay $5k more and get a brand-new year-newer car which you know nobody else has trashed?