Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

samr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Looking
So I have been to a few dealers and delivery dates have been between 2 months and 4 months for an SS-V Redline.

Based on the 4 month date (latest one I got) I decided I was best waiting for the new 2017 model or a limited ed like the rumoured Director to be released. I also found there was little I could do in regard to price negotiation (some pretty good deals on Calais V and Clubbies out there at the moment though)!

So with this in mind, when does anyone have any ideas when they think the specs for the MY17 will be released and the physical release date?

In regard to upgrades, I am not expecting much hopefully a small upgrade to power and an update to Mylink.

Has anyone heard anything that can help?

Thanks

Humphrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 2016 Redline...its here, and I love it !
I'd be surprised if they have a power upgrade, I think it will be stickers,trim and wheels only.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I think the general consenses is that's it for power.. although a very last limited edition big bang car would be nice but I'd be surprised if any ordinary Joe ended up with one.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The only power upgrade coming will be in the HSV GTS with a limited edition GTS -R. It's going to have the LS9 engine (similar to a LSA but with a bigger supercharger and a few extras). I'd imagine those are already spoken for with deposits across the board at HSV dealers should/when the model gets announced.
Look to the Chevy SS for what add-ons might occur in the Holden range.

samr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Looking
Surely the Director is going to need a power lift to separate it from a Calais-V?! And please, I hope there is a MyLink upgrade, it kind of reminds me of my 2004 Samsung phone: it has a colour touchscreen, "apps" and something I used to call the internet but it is rubbish!

I hate waiting!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Nah, Director can have Calais luxo gear with Redline suspension/brakes; that's easy enough to achieve via parts-bin & with no cost to Holden.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Expect an announcement on the MY17 in October.
Power, that won't change.
What probably will is little things, new colors, new wheels possibly.
I'd like to see Redline get the bells and whistles that the Chevy SS gets, heated seats, seat memory etc, MRC would be nice.
I wonder if GMs part bin may include 6pot front brakes that the Caddy had, maybe dreaming there, but would be nice.
Shark fin aerial like the Chevy would be nice

It would upset anyone with a HSV, but I'd love it if Holden did a limited run of Redlines with an LSA. But not going to happen. Despite some speculation I've heard.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
New colours, Sun of a Gun Grey (replacing Prussian Steel) Spitfire Green (replacing Jungle Green) Light my Fire (replacing Some like it hot) Empire Bronze has already been deleted. New wheel designs will be available with talk that the redline will come standard with 20" wheels. MRC could make its way onto the redline model, but not until after the director has been and gone.

MY17 Details will be released late September, with production starting in October and new MY17 being on showroom floors in November.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
A few things I've heard through the grapevine...

-Sat Nav and Heads up to become standard on SV6 and SS.
- All Redline's to become a 'Bathurst' edition (likely 20 inch wheels and a few other cosmetic things).
- Director pack based on Calais V Sedan for Q4 2016.

The interesting thing that's not being discussed is the fact that the V6's are not currently Euro 5 compatible and that Holden has been given only a 3 month reprieve on this, before being made to be compliant. I'm not sure what this will mean for V6's, whether Holden will make the necessary changes for it to comply (which I don't think would be difficult seeing as the Captiva is Euro 5 with the V6), or whether all V6's will have old compliance plates fitted.