Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
just heard the new SE's have an oil cooler. Why would this be the case unless the new models have a power/performance upgrade?

I beleive that the oil cooler was part of the towing pack upgrade, so it was an off the shelf upgrade that they could easily add.

Not that there is an issue with the existing oil cooling but it helps to justify the price increase for the special editions.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Well for all the people who have recently started contributing this thread that don't like the blackout kit, there are still plenty of MY16s out there which are $1000s cheaper than an MY17 especially during the sale so why not go and buy one with all the chrome you want instead of complaining? I for one am really happy that my MY17 on order has full blackout because all that chrome has put me off updating till now.

Because I shouldn't have to. I want a my17 as I've been planning on buying one for the last 3 years.
My gripe is with Holden. If they had left things the way they were, customers who wanted chrome would have been happy, and those who want black would option the blackout kit which Holden make money off. Win/win situation.
Now Holden makes no money from blackout option and customers who wanted chrome have been alienated. Not to mention that they've made the base SS look more upmarket. I fail to see how that is a good outcome.

Last edited:

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
I beleive that the oil cooler was part of the towing pack upgrade, so it was an off the shelf upgrade that they could easily add.

Not that there is an issue with the existing oil cooling but it helps to justify the price increase for the special editions.
I guess it protects the transmission a little against some track day 'spirited driving"

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Because I shouldn't have to. I want a my17 as I've been planning on buying one for the last 3 years.
My gripe is with Holden. If they had left things the way they were, customers who wanted chrome would have been happy, and those who want black would option the blackout kit which Holden make money off. Win/win situation.
Now Holden makes no money from blackout option and customers who wanted chrome have been alienated. Not to mention that they've made the base SS look more upmarket. I fail to see how that is a good outcome.

Agree, being a MY16 is not going to work for those of us that want one of the new "hero" colours.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7

Hi crew_man, with 1.5 hrs to go what can you tell us about the ME, I promise I won't tell a sole! Have you ordered 1?

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
These cars look sportier and more aggressive with the blackout kit, which is no doubt why Holden have made it standard on the Redline. Calais should be the only model tarted up with Chrome in my opinion.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
TPMS is on my MY17 redline. No mention of it in the specs. I noticed the steel valves on the wheels as soon as I saw it. Actually I did see them on the "son of a gun" redline that was parked in the carpark a couple of weeks ago.
Cheers Anthony.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I guess it protects the transmission a little against some track day 'spirited driving"
Hi Redbadge, you mean like this :
I love this review, gives a great example of what these cars are capable of, on the track of course!! If you look at the lap times towards the end of the review you'll see what I was referring to earlier in relation to a MY14 SSVR being faster around the track than the MY16 with MRC, great review.