Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 SSV Redline Automatic, driveline(?) Vibration 85 to 95kmh

Kevin1962

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hello All, I'm new to this forum, and a suggestion from another member to post a new thread on my issue. So, I have an SSV Redline auto that I ordered from new, after 6 months finally got it in late October 2017. I've only done 1600kms in it and notice a driveline vibration between 85 and 95. It went into the dealer last week for a recall for replacement exhaust rockers, I also had the harmonic balancer fail on it at 200kms! The tech took it for a drive and while he said he could feel the vibration, thought they may introduce more of a problem trying to fix it!! Thanks for any advice.

Bones VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Ive got a Aug2016 S2 redline done 20,000 kms and mine has vibration from 95 and up when travelling on freeway in 110 zone its really bad to the point i need to slow down to 100 to feel comfortable to drive it. Has near new achilles tyres on rear and still has original potenzas on front. I bought it last month with 18,000 on it. Took it to a tyre store to get the wheel balances checked and they said the tyres are wearing evenly and the balance was spot on. so took it to nearest holden dealer who tested it and confirmed the vibration. they swapped a set of wheels and tyres off another demo redline on the lot and took it for a drive on freeway and it was gone. So they are blaming tyres so took it back to the holden dealer i bought it from and they have said tyres are in near new condition so it cant be coming from tyres. Theyve kept the car for now to do there own testing and determine what they are going to do.

Even if it needs tyres theyve said they wont be replacing them. i feel ripped for buying a 50k car that may need tyres after a couple of weeks

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Ive got a Aug2016 S2 redline done 20,000 kms and mine has vibration from 95 and up when travelling on freeway in 110 zone its really bad to the point i need to slow down to 100 to feel comfortable to drive it. Has near new achilles tyres on rear and still has original potenzas on front. I bought it last month with 18,000 on it. Took it to a tyre store to get the wheel balances checked and they said the tyres are wearing evenly and the balance was spot on. so took it to nearest holden dealer who tested it and confirmed the vibration. they swapped a set of wheels and tyres off another demo redline on the lot and took it for a drive on freeway and it was gone. So they are blaming tyres so took it back to the holden dealer i bought it from and they have said tyres are in near new condition so it cant be coming from tyres. Theyve kept the car for now to do there own testing and determine what they are going to do.

Even if it needs tyres theyve said they wont be replacing them. i feel ripped for buying a 50k car that may need tyres after a couple of weeks
Time to paint the road black!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hello All, I'm new to this forum, and a suggestion from another member to post a new thread on my issue. So, I have an SSV Redline auto that I ordered from new, after 6 months finally got it in late October 2017. I've only done 1600kms in it and notice a driveline vibration between 85 and 95. It went into the dealer last week for a recall for replacement exhaust rockers, I also had the harmonic balancer fail on it at 200kms! The tech took it for a drive and while he said he could feel the vibration, thought they may introduce more of a problem trying to fix it!! Thanks for any advice.
Sounds like a wheel balance is needed.
PS: Welcome to the forum.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Is it only speed related? Or does it do it a specific rev range?
If only speed, could it be drive shaft balance issues?

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Very curious as to the outcome. Please keep us posted.

Couple of questions
1. both of you guys experiencing this issue are your vehicle's BOTH AUTO?

2. If auto, and I would assume the car would be in sixth gear, could you down gear it to 5th and confirm whether vibration is there? Also leave in fifth slow down to 60 and then accelerate back to those speeds where vibration is happening and if it happens in fifth.

I am probably way of the mark but yeah....

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Rule of thumb for driveline vibration:

Vibration under 80kph - problem is in the front.
Vibration over 80kph - problem is in the rear.

Bones VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Very curious as to the outcome. Please keep us posted.

Couple of questions
1. both of you guys experiencing this issue are your vehicle's BOTH AUTO?

2. If auto, and I would assume the car would be in sixth gear, could you down gear it to 5th and confirm whether vibration is there? Also leave in fifth slow down to 60 and then accelerate back to those speeds where vibration is happening and if it happens in fifth.

I am probably way of the mark but yeah....

Yes mine is auto. I took a holden tech from the first dealer for a drive and he got me to do those things change down gears and was definately still there throughout all gears but only starts vibration from 95kmh and up

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
As of late I have seen a few rims that have been out of round causing this issue.