Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink app's

jhsg

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've had my VF SS now for about 7 days and love it. The car is sensational and a massive step up from previous Holden's.

The one thing I'm interested in but can't seem to find any info online is about mylink and applications. Does anyone know what plans holden (or GM) have for mylink? It would be good to know what's on the horizon and what's the timelines. I also am interested in why bringo maps is available in some lesser model cars but not the commodore. I hope they allow it to be installed soon.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I been playing with mylink a little bit too. Intereested to hear about this jhsg.

How does one set say a cd to play random instead of in order the songs appear on the cd?

jhsg

Reaction score
It's disappointing to think they have marketed mylink to be an app friendly system but no one knows jack about what they're doing or developing. Hope it doesn't turn into another thing that's never progressed!!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
To play random tracks just select random, it does not matter whether it is a CD, bluetooth etc

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
there will be lots of development on the Mylink system. It is based on the QNX OS and thus is a very mature system with lots of current development. 70% of all car audio systems are based on the QNX OS so in programming terms it is a simple migration. It most likely will be a legal issue due to copyright etc.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
there will be lots of development on the Mylink system. It is based on the QNX OS and thus is a very mature system with lots of current development. 70% of all car audio systems are based on the QNX OS so in programming terms it is a simple migration. It most likely will be a legal issue due to copyright etc.

Hey Zappa, you seem to know a bit about QNX. How do I access it via my PC? Are there any hacks available? Or any software updates that can be performed? Can the GPS Turn by Turn software be updated by the end user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: