Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink audio pitch warbling from iPhone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
Hi Paul,

This problem has been annoying me for the last 3 years with my VF Series 2 SSV Redline. I've been stuck using a USB stick that entire time too, which is very annoying considering one of the upgrades of having the Redline was the Bose sound system.

Are you able to send me something with details of the firmware upgrade or something I can show my Holden dealer to prove it's a real issue and one that is fixable via software upgrade?

Cheers

Ben

Interesting that your Series 2 has the same problem my Series 1 had. That means the hardware units didn't change, and the firmware is not synced with the model release, which makes sense. I can tell you that the problem was permanently solved with a firmware update. Good luck!

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Hello,

First time posting here. Purchased an MY14 Calais V wagon last week and LOVING IT.

However, I have noticed the above problem with the stereo and it's sending me crazy.

Could I also ask for the finer details of the upgrade so I can present it to my dealer?

Much appreciated,
Stefan Nowak.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
It drove me crazy too. I feel your pain. Very simply just follow what I did as documented in this thread.
  • Download a test tone generator or tones from iTunes or anything which has a steady tone. Play it and confirm that it warbles, and play that to at least one person in the dealership and get their head nodding in confirmation. This is vital. You need them to hear it, that way there is no plausible deniability of the problem from them in the future. It is super obvious with a pure sine wave tone, like 1KHz for example. Harder with music - avoid even attempting with music.
  • Demand (nicely but firmly) a firmware update. You have proof that it fixes the problem. I have a ticket with Holden about this, long closed but nonetheless on their books. Castle Hill Holden did the update.
  • If they refuse to update the firmware raise it with customer service. No matter what. Even if they say it already has the latest, it doesn’t.
  • Take a photo of your current firmware versions so that you can compare after they have said that they’ve updated it.
Good luck.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Thank you Paul. I may even take it to Castle Hill given that they've experienced this first hand. (I'm just at Seven Hills myself) and my previous dealings with Heartland (then West City) Holden, albeit over 20 years ago were not great.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
I found it was worse with Bluetooth streaming, but still very apparent via the USB cable.

Do you happen to know the Firmware version that you have now?

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Update - have contacted customer care about this first off, before I go to the dealer.

Also wanting my maps updated, seems a few speed limits are off on the M2. I think these must've been mapped during the road works, also showing a 90 zone west of Windsor Rd, as it was years ago.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Took my car to the dealer today (Heartland at Blacktown). Enquired about the Mylink firmware upgrade and explained the issue I was having. I had the foreman come out to the car and listened to a 1 kHz test tone through the system that was warbling. He agreed it wasn't right. He then went to his office and came back and chatted about the upgrade, it was 2 versions down from the latest.. he couldn't guarantee that would fix it as it wasn't officially listed on the fix list for the software version, but it did list fixing 'glitches'.

I decided to leave the car there and for them to do the upgrade anyway.

I got the car back this afternoon and it's all good! iPhone pitch issues are rectified. I also have reverse guiding lines now in the reverse camera, which I do like. A good indicator that the upgrade has been done too.

The car is going back to the dealer in the next day or 2 to have sat nav maps upgraded, apparently the last update for the VF was mid last year.

All in all, the dealer experience was very good, a pleasant surprise. I would suggest however, when dealing with software issues, you go armed with as much information as possible so they know you're totally aware of what's going on and won't be dicked around.

Stefan.