Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink defaults to USB

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Will disabling clear personalisation data for both keys? And again an I determine which key is which?

i am not sure because i only ever disable it lol but even with it disabled the remote start gives me a different setting than the one if i manually start it.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Will disabling clear personalisation data for both keys? And again an I determine which key is which?
I think which settings it loads depends on which key unlocked the car. I had the key that I use everyday on me when I turned personalisation off. It saved the key data from my everyday key and forgot all the default settings saved to the new spare key I had recently had cut.

edit: Wont need it for this settings but An automotive lock smith can tell you which number each key is. My every day key is 3 and the new spare is 4. First two were lost during the cars first life at Vicpol.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
mine is a bit wonky too.

if i start the car, sometimes it is on the radio which was what I last had it on. Other times it might jump to USB and start there.

Other times if I am listening to a particular album off the USB, it starts on a different album next time I start the car.

Then the next time I start the car it jumps back to the original album i was listening too.

All up. I give up. I can't work it out.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
All up. I give up. I can't work it out.
I’m the same about it ... except, since the better-half lost her key-fob & we’re both using mine, it’s now 100% consistent & always starts-up playing the same stuff it was playing when I turn the car off (except for Bluetooth - it disconnects when I turn the sound-system off, so won’t restart on Bluetooth).

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
It has a mind of its own. I have only ever used the same fob for 4 years and seen it all. Seems to have 2 different playlists... but its random as to which one it picks. USB will often start up late like the OP says... it's not the USB as I've tried several, all brand new and they all do it.

It's just MyLink.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
It has a mind of its own. I have only ever used the same fob for 4 years and seen it all. Seems to have 2 different playlists... but its random as to which one it picks. USB will often start up late like the OP says... it's not the USB as I've tried several, all brand new and they all do it.

It's just MyLink.

I noticed the same thing but once i disabled the personalization by driver crap it all settled down and i have been through 5 vf commodores and disabling that crap solved the issue for me on all of them.

The only difference i have is between the remote start and manual start functions.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I noticed the same thing but once i disabled the personalization by driver crap it all settled down and i have been through 5 vf commodores and disabling that crap solved the issue for me on all of them.

The only difference i have is between the remote start and manual start functions.

Mine's been disabled since day 1... I'm the only driver so wanted to set it once regardless of the key I picked up.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I do the same, disable it day 1 but i use 1 key only.
It will have a different position/list if i remote start it opposed to when i manual start it.

I use this usb stick
https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/usb-flash-drives/sandisk-cruzer-fit-usb-2-0

I also only use 1 key... in fact I think the battery has gone flat in the spare. I don't have remote start as mine is a vroom vroom manual ;-) I've used multiple sticks, including the Sandisk. All have the same behaviour. Doesn't worry me now.