Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink Firmware upgrade

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
have your car be under warranty.

the issue is there are many modules that make up mylink.
you have issues with gps, they update that module
issues with reverse camera, separate module

so get friendly with someone who can install the firmware, i believe it takes a significant amount of time to query, and then download and then apply each module. so its not something that they do unless they need to.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They only upgrade if there’s a problem; so you need to find out a symptom that could be fixed with a firmware upgrade, report it & take it to the dealer (and hope they don’t break something while they have it).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ or smear grease within your interior :eek:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
hey does any one know how to get the latest firmware for mylink for free
if you are looking at just the "mylink" firmware you can ask your dealer to update it and see what they say about a warranty update.
if they do want to charge you it should not be much because it is updated through the usb port in the console using a usb stick with the firmware update on it.
i would not expect anything more than a 30 minute labour charge.

if your mylink has no issues there is not much point in updating it.
if you have sat nav the map updates will cost you.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
if you are looking at just the "mylink" firmware you can ask your dealer to update it and see what they say about a warranty update.
if they do want to charge you it should not be much because it is updated through the usb port in the console using a usb stick with the firmware update on it.

if your mylink has no issues there is not much point in updating it.
if you have sat nav the map updates will cost you.

Agreed. if it ain't broke don't fix..... especially with Mylink. Mines been great until IOS 13 came out. I get the Audio Paused issue much more now. Will request an update next service.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I have a ‘13 that came out without the camera guidelines. Parents got a quote from our local dealer as a xmas present last year, $120 to update so they wrapped the cash up and put it under the tree. Got the work done in Jan and the service manager made out he was giving me such a good personal deal at $135...

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
I'm concerned about the longevity or usefulness of the map info in my 2017 SV6. Will Holden still be supporting map updates into the future?

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
Anybody had to buy a new 5 button key fob? My dealer sold me my SV6 with several things missing. I've had them honour replacements except the fob. Best price I have found with cutting and programming is about $250. Cheers.