Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink Firmware upgrade

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anybody had to buy a new 5 button key fob? My dealer sold me my SV6 with several things missing. I've had them honour replacements except the fob. Best price I have found with cutting and programming is about $250. Cheers.

that is about right for a genuine key, i think the last one we did was around 265.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Anybody had to buy a new 5 button key fob? My dealer sold me my SV6 with several things missing. I've had them honour replacements except the fob. Best price I have found with cutting and programming is about $250. Cheers.
What ever you do dont go the generic ones. I’ve lost a few $100’s on those things either braking in the first year or not being able to be synced to the car it says it suits at all.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Will Holden still be supporting map updates into the future?
i doubt it.
march 2018 were the last maps.
last service holden told me dont expect anything until 2021 as they do 3 yearly updates, but i doubt holden will event exist then.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Does anyone know if there have been VE map updates any time in the recent past?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Does anyone know if there have been VE map updates any time in the recent past?

2016 was the last 'official' VE map upgrade.

DEW_1963.JPG

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Even though Holden may be on its last legs the "Here" company who does the MyLink maps is still going strong. They are in Holland. My strong suggestion is to email them with any of your questions.
www.here.com

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Holden has almost certainly injected the here map data in their proprietary bullshit wrapper before it can be loaded to a vehicle. As such, I doubt Here itself can help Holden owners.

Apple5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportswagon
I'm concerned about the longevity or usefulness of the map info in my 2017 SV6. Will Holden still be supporting map updates into the future?
You still concerned? I ask every time I go in there. Zip Nada Nothing

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You still concerned? I ask every time I go in there. Zip Nada Nothing
It's definitely never happening, only chance you have is if someone else decides they're going to do something, and the market for it would be small enough that it's unlikely anyone will bother.

Apple5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportswagon
There are other options but they are on the expensive side. From what I can understand, General Motors own Mylink and trying to find the OEM manufacturer is becoming painful.
On this, the "promise" to maintain the cars for 10 years is a bit far fetched as well. Trying to get workshop manuals is impossible and as for software, I believe the use by date is 2024 for my 2017 VF. Is there any legal recourse? To look at it from my perspective, I purchased it from AHG via one of their dealers, NEW. So my contract is with them. They were purchased outright by another importer who still operates AHG but as a PTY LTD, "private wholly owned" company. I have no contract with "holden" so does the buck stop with AHG? That is the question. BTW, one would think the GPS data would be paramount as it shows the speed for the area. That blew a fuse on my way through Kangaroo Valley where the head up said 100 and the limit had been changed to 80, for a long time. Forced dealer only maintenance for the nav system is monopolistic and in essence does not pass the pub test.