Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink hack or upgrade

Lowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf callais
Last edited:

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The hack in the Youtube link is for an overseas MyLink with a different operating system... downside is that it doesn't work on VF's.

If you talk to a few people on here the Advanced Ice is glitchy... also not sure if VF2 has an auxiliary input anymore. Although I like the idea of an Android box.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The Alpine X901D-VF is a bolt in replacement with DAB+ but is a $3K hit but by some accounts is also glitchy, has map issues , etc. Also not sure if it supports Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

It really seems like there is no good option to correct the MyLink woes that frustrate may.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Alpine X901D-VF is a bolt in replacement with DAB+ but is a $3K hit but by some accounts is also glitchy, has map issues , etc. Also not sure if it supports Apple Carplay or Android Auto.
It does the 'phone interfacing/displaying thingies.
When I enquired I was told it doesn't interface to the HUD; others have been told it does, I'd want to see it in action before believing that it did.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I haven't had any issues with mylink, I don't use the touchscreen much, I prefer to navigate with the tune knob\button

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
I haven't had any issues with mylink, I don't use the touchscreen much, I prefer to navigate with the tune knob\button
I did not even know that was a thing, I will give it a go.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline

It really seems like there is no good option to correct the MyLink woes that frustrate may.

Probably pointless to upgrade MyLink at this stage since you’re not really gaining much. I’d wait a couple years when there are new features worth getting and hopefully Alpine still give a **** about the VF.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I doubt there are enough VF’s on the planet for Alpine to spend any more money on product than they already have.
I guess it wouldn’t cost them much to put new innards into the existing plastic box, but even still there’d be effort in ensuring the new Thing interfaces with the existing Thing.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Yeah it’s a tricky time. I’ve had a play with CarPlay and it’s not different enough to warrant an upgrade. Let alone a 3k upgrade.