Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink hack or upgrade

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Is it maybe “Android” (generically) rather than Samsung?
When picking-up the better-half from the airport, she sends me a message saying she has landed & I’m usually driving. At least one of the pre-programmed response messages in MyLink was perfect; when I had an Android ‘phone. Now I have the Apple one, the functionality to respond to an SMS with a pre-programmed piece of text isn’t offered.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
When picking-up the better-half from the airport, she sends me a message saying she has landed & I’m usually driving. At least one of the pre-programmed response messages in MyLink was perfect; when I had an Android ‘phone. Now I have the Apple one, the functionality to respond to an SMS with a pre-programmed piece of text isn’t offered.
Very possibly, I have never had any other Android linked to my link to know otherwise is all, having the Google assistant one press away is so useful as well.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. what's wrong with My Link?

never had a problem with it....
plays CDs USBs AM/Fm and my phone (Samsung S6) works a treat with it

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Minor issue: it’s glitchy. eg. the switching between key-fobs / settings thing, the occasional unexpected reboot (by itself) or refusal to turn on (requiring car to be switched off & on).
Major issue: the fact that Holden are the sole organisation able to issue maps, each map upgrade costs the same as a SatNav (which has lifetime free map upgrades), and the map upgrades themselves have 2yo maps in them.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah, that seems to be the case.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

never had a problem with it....
plays CDs USBs AM/Fm and my phone (Samsung S6) works a treat with it
Same. Voice recognition works well for me too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Minor issue: it’s glitchy. eg. the switching between key-fobs / settings thing, the occasional unexpected reboot (by itself) or refusal to turn on (requiring car to be switched off & on).
Major issue: the fact that Holden are the sole organisation able to issue maps, each map upgrade costs the same as a SatNav (which has lifetime free map upgrades), and the map upgrades themselves have 2yo maps in them.
Yeah that's not great at all. Upgrades should be current and free. I don't use maps that often. If I do, it's just for getting from one town to another. Or to a specific client address. Works fine. Very occassionally I put an address in and it's not there. So I just go for a nearby street.
What I do like about it is it works where there is little, or no internet service. E.g. rural areas. Google maps has no service, but Mylink works fine.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Same. Voice recognition works well for me too.

Me as well.

I really like that aspect of it.

Actually there's not much about it I don't like. It does what I want it to do.

One small tip if you number mp3 folders "Music 01, Music 02, or whatever... rather than say "Play Folder Music One" make sure you say "Play Folder Music Zero One"

In mine a "Play Folder Music Two" will get you folder 22, 32, or some other derivation.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voice recognition ... good point, I’ve nearly given up on it. Hard to find phrasing that it recognises when trying to call someone.
Good when it works, which is about 50:50 for me.
But I only use it for ‘phone calls.

Yeah that's not great at all. Upgrades should be current and free. I don't use maps that often. If I do, it's just for getting from one town to another. Or to a specific client address. Works fine. Very occassionally I put an address in and it's not there. So I just go for a nearby street.
What I do like about it is it works where there is little, or no internet service. E.g. rural areas. Google maps has no service, but Mylink works fine.
Maybe another app apart from Google Maps? Or maybe the car has a better satellite connection than your ‘phone, shouldn’t need internet access now I think about it.