Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink - Issue with playing music from usb connected Android Phone

PushRod

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V Redline MY14 (man)
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has / is experienced a similar issue?

I'm fairly certain (96.23%) its a phone thing not so much MyLink issue, but I want to be sure.

Some background,

I got my MY14 recently and it was running the stock MYLink (without the reversing camera lines version) and respectfully requested it be updated to the "current" version so it now has the reversing camera lines. Still can't understand why they omitted that tech for the MY14 when it is available in the 13 & 15?.. but that's another rant altogether.

Bluetooth and everything else works well but when I first usb connected the phone it lit up and started indexing the phones drive. It initially allowed me to pick and album/artist and started playing a song. sweet. Assuming it is still indexing because not all albums were displaying, I flipped through a couple of more tracks from the same artist then a pop up message displayed on screen. "Something Something can't be read - (press) OK". At this point the music still plays but cant flip through tracks because that pop up is still on screen. If I press OK it switches to another Source (FM Radio) and screen returns to normal.

Yep, I agree it is a first world problem, but just checking to see if anyone has had this happen b/c I would love to skip a few fault finding steps.

Next steps;
I will check with another phone, and or removing all my audio files from my phone and try adding new tunes.

Perhaps its tripped itself over on a few non standard audio file types I have on the phone, or the version of Android isn't too compatible or MyLink is have troubles reading the SD card - could be a few things I guess.

Getting an IPhone will never be on the cards.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF S2 Black Edition Sportswagon
Hi PushRod,

Did you manage to fix this issue? I too am having issues with my android connected via USB in my 2016 VF S2 SV6. It is multiplying the songs many times. Doesn't multiply the artists or albums just songs. And today it has decided to have issues connecting.

Kind Regards,

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Out of Interest, why do you blokes connect via cable rather than Bluetooth?

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
Could this be a file format issue?
I've had issues with any other format apart from mp3 both not registering and causing all sorts of schenanigans with the indexing when using USB....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Out of Interest, why do you blokes connect via cable rather than Bluetooth?
Can't answer for them, but with my Samsung I used to get noticeably better sound quality with the cable, and that's with the non-BOSE stereo.
Haven't really tried with the iPhone I got a few months back, yet, though ... I think that with Bluetooth headphones the sound is better with the iPhone, so it may be the same with the car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Can't answer for them, but with my Samsung I used to get noticeably better sound quality with the cable, and that's with the non-BOSE stereo.
Haven't really tried with the iPhone I got a few months back, yet, though ... I think that with Bluetooth headphones the sound is better with the iPhone, so it may be the same with the car.
I've used both iPhone and numerous Anroids in my car. Androids seem to work better. The Bose system sounds great with either phone but. No cable. Never really had a problem with Mylink either.

deino99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Commodore Sedan SV6 3.6L Black Edition
SOLVED!

* I Believe this only applies to those who use spotify/similar app & IPhones*

To others experiencing the 'no music files found' issue when plugging in your iPhone via USB here's the fix.

After months of trying, it appears that at least one song must be downloaded to your iPhone via iTunes etc on the apple music app. When plugged in the song will begin to play through the apple music app. You will then be able to switch over to spotify!

Cover art and all!

Hope this helps

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Isn't Spotify dead in Aus?