Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MYLINK, Map updates for a 2013 MY14 Caprice V

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Been scouring the forum to find the last or the latest map update for the 2013 MY14 Caprice V. Can any member here help me get the correct numbers for (I think) the Mylink and the Map update so I dont get ripped off by our local Holden Dealers. Also I have taken photo's of the existing version on the Caprice.
Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just spoke to the dealer and they have a stale map update over two years witch is better than whats on it now but they HAVE NO MYLINK Software UPDATE at all!!
After hearing this I rang Holden Customer Car and the lady there made me jump through loops with questions and answers, she wanted to know this and that but all I wanted to know does the WN Caprice V had any update for the MYLINK since 2014? she said NOTHING!!!, I said thank you then I hung up.
Totally useless. I cannot believe that a car that was made in October 2013 till today does not have ONE miserable update.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a further update our Local Holden Stealership just rang me and told me they do have a Mylink update for the Caprice V that gives me the Grid Lines when reversing and that will cost me $143 ++++++ the Map update is $178 so in total its $321. eeeek!!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just a further update our Local Holden Stealership just rang me and told me they do have a Mylink update for the Caprice V that gives me the Grid Lines when reversing and that will cost me $143 ++++++ the Map update is $178 so in total its $321. eeeek!!
Well, you did say Stealership.:eek: What else did you expect?o_O
Just trying for some humour:)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
After hearing this I rang Holden Customer Car and the lady there made me jump through loops with questions and answers, she wanted to know this and that but all I wanted to know does the WN Caprice V have any update for the MYLINK since 2014? she said NOTHING!!!, I said thank you then I hung up.
Totally useless. I cannot believe that a car that was made in October 2013 till today does not have ONE miserable update.
This Lady at Holden Customer Care spend more time on where I live, what my Name is, my wife Name, What I type of toilet paper I wipe my ars.e with and yet she did even know there is a Mylink update to give me the Grid lines when reversing on the Caprice V.
I decide to ring another Holden Dealer and its $52 cheaper so its booked for next week, yes the same k's in the other direction.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Now this must be the Map update
yeah correct, thats the map version.
MYLINK Software Update itself
Thats all the other numbers.. theres not a single version.. each number listed is for a certain piece, one might be nav, one might be usb, one might be radio.. you name it. its useless a release date would make more sense to show someone.

the dealerships are pretty useless.
i asked last time i had it in for service and they are like yes theres an update.
and i mentioned i had the above one installed
and they said oh no, thats the one we have
surely they keep a history of what they have done to a car :confused:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
where was this thing serviced? Mine was done at GM dealers only and had up to date maps/mylink when i bought it. Can't be that hard.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
i'm sure they have to update the infotainment software to add the latest version of the maps so you shouldn't have to pay for both. The update is time consuming and does fail while downloading.