Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink screen identification

Burt Gummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Chevrolet SS M6
I am on the wait list at envyouscustoms and I have talked with LSXtreme. Fusccars is looking for me as well. I also check gumtree and Holden Parts HSV Wreckers VE VF SSV SV6 Omega Gold Coast (salvageautosales.com.au) pretty often as reccomend by other forum members.

I've been told to find a HSV silver box, head unit, and the EDI module. The EDI harness can be made by envyouscustoms or LSxtreme once I compile the other pieces.

I'm in the US so if there are more things needed please post them and if you could speculate on a high and low price for each piece so I dont over pay that would be appreciated

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s a seller market, in a capitalist economy and it is what it is…

Unfortunately EDI modules are like hens teeth... They are rather rare and when one is found you either pay the asking price or continue looking for those elusive teeth.

Wanting a ball park price range for rare parts is crystal ball stuff. I’d guess if someone types a reply post, and gives a ball park range for such items in their post, likely before they hit the “post reply” button it’s probably already outdated and inaccurate :confused:

Burt Gummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Chevrolet SS M6
It’s a seller market, in a capitalist economy and it is what it is…

Unfortunately EDI modules are like hens teeth... They are rather rare and when one is found you either pay the asking price or continue looking for those elusive teeth.

Wanting a ball park price range for rare parts is crystal ball stuff. I’d guess if someone types a reply post, and gives a ball park range for such items in their post, likely before they hit the “post reply” button it’s probably already outdated and inaccurate :confused:

You could say the same about Chevrolet SSs with manual trans but there is a range. Like, Is the silver box $500 or $5000. ‍

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
You could say the same about Chevrolet SSs with manual trans but there is a range. Like, Is the silver box $500 or $5000. ‍

i've seen conversion kits for VE's go for $5k (AUD not USD), but I reckon that's the higher range.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The thing is the HSV weren't a high volume seller and thus limited in number. Add to that the fact EDI was not standard on all HSV’s means there are much less modules than HSV cars… Making things worse is the fact that the commodores we’re a higher volume seller and some owners want HSV upgrades to their Holden’s. such means there is a market for HSV parts…

The fact EDI modules are rare and desirable makes finding them used rather difficult, which is why you don’t see such used parts everywhere. And why guessing a price range is like guessing how long a piece of string is…

The problem in guessing how much a part could cost depends on rarity and the sellers mindset. Whether the seller is a true a capitalist or must greedy (isn’t it the same thing). Whether the seller seriously wants to “rehome” the part or doesn’t mind keeping it on his shelf for the right buyer (either desperate or flushed with cash or better still desperate and flushed with cash).

I‘d suggest if you find the parts you want, simply pay what’s being asked for them (if within your budget)…

As a side note, AIUI, HSV wanted HSV VINs whenever owners wanted to buy spare parts. They were trying to ensure HSV owners had access to parts they need. They didn’t want to see their parts used in non HSV cars as this diluted the brand and took parts away from genuine owners. Now that Holden is dead and about to be buried, maybe HSV have changed policy so you may find it easier to buy HSV spare parts. You could ring a HSV dealer and see if the parts you want are still available, just make sure to be sitting down when they tell you the price :p:p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I've been told to find a HSV silver box, head unit,
The HSV radio (silver box) is the same as a Calais with the CD player. If you program a Calais radio box with an HSV software, it'll show the HSV start up logo on the Mylink screen with the EDI icon on the menu page. There's an additional plug in the radio box where EDI and other audio/video options plug into. I've retrofitted full HSV interior and electronics in my SSV Redline ute EDI ready if I can hopefully source an EDI unit eventually.

20211215_190345.jpg

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
The HSV radio (silver box) is the same as a Calais with the CD player. If you program a Calais radio box with an HSV software, it'll show the HSV start up logo on the Mylink screen with the EDI icon on the menu page. There's an additional plug in the radio box where EDI and other audio/video options plug into. I've retrofitted full HSV interior and electronics in my SSV Redline ute EDI ready if I can hopefully source an EDI unit eventually.

View attachment 230758

I spy an SSV badge though :p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Redline pretending to be HSV via Calais?
It's an SSV Redline and always will be although I could make it a bodgie Maloo with the body kit and fool many, but the concept of it is based on my old HSV Enhanced VS ute that was virtually a Maloo without the body kit that HSV didn't continue in the later models. Interior wise, the Redline was a bit tacky particularly the seats after the Clubsport R8 I probably shouldn't have sold then a 3000km R8 Maloo write off pops up with a good deal on the whole interior, so I bought it and then ended up changing the interior electronics to Maloo GTS and the engine and driveline electronics to Maloo SV Black, last of the 340's.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Interior wise, the Redline was a bit tacky particularly the seats

Yeah the HSV seats are so much better. Another reason I got mine of VF2 redlines I was looking at.

All this talk of crazy HSV component prices (EDI, wheels, bars). I wonder if they are worth more in parts than the whole sometimes!