Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink screen identification

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
All this talk of crazy HSV component prices (EDI, wheels, bars). I wonder if they are worth more in parts than the whole sometimes!
They're putting crazy prices on used HSV parts and some on selling new parts, but there's still a lot of HSV parts available at dealer list prices are much cheaper. An HSV badge someone had on eBay, "rare" they reckon for $299, there's in fact 19 in stock at $125.00 dealer list price. The carbon like dash trim is still available at around $280 and someone's advertised that at $700 on eBay. It pays to check if Holden and HSV parts are available through the old dealer networks before paying eBay prices.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The HSV radio (silver box) is the same as a Calais with the CD player.
I’d expect a company like Envious Customs knows a HSV and Holden head unit is one in the same sans programming. But as software is copyrighted, I’d also guess they don’t want to push the copyright legal boundaries and risk their business. Much easier to get a customer to source the correct unit and they play with coding yne correct VIN so the system works in your vehicle?

After all EC are skilled and could do anything but legalities probably stop lots of things they could do technically is my guess…

But I didn’t think you could simply pull down HSV calibration software and load it to MyLink using factory tools…

I’d guess nothing stops an individual from buying a Holden MyLink headunit on the cheap and then using a sourced HSV VIN, a VXDiag Nano along with a GM programing license for that HSV VIN (and the source vehicle VIN) to prepare the unit for removal and then reprogram the unit to HSV status…

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
But as software is copyrighted
Anyone can buy the software with an AC Delco SPS subscription. You can in fact reprogram a radio head unit via USB with an HSV VIN and then get software hacker to change the VIN to match your car or change it yourself with an eprom programmer.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Anyone can buy the software with an AC Delco SPS subscription. You can in fact reprogram a radio head unit via USB with an HSV VIN and then get software hacker to change the VIN to match your car or change it yourself with an eprom programmer.
Wasn’t it stated that E.C. require an EDI and a HSV MyLink be supplied to them rather than an EDI and any Holden compatible MyLink?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Wasn’t it stated that E.C. require an EDI and a HSV MyLink be supplied to them rather than an EDI and any Holden compatible MyLink?
No, EC mean a radio box with the CD player and auxiliary inputs and outputs as the HSV program used must match the body type (sedan, wagon, ute) and the radio speaker/amplifier set up in the car the EDI will be fitted. EC custom programs this to suit your vehicle type with appropriate HSV software. The radio/Mylink software from an HSV sedan won't work on a ute etc. You can program any module with a different VIN using the GM MDI interface and subscription software, it doesn't take an MDI hack like a VCX Nano, you can do it with genuine GM interface. The VIN locked modules on a VF are the ECM, dash cluster, radio box and airbag control module.