Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink software update changes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Just had the mylink software updated for the first time but the dealership couldn't tell me what changes have been made. Does anyone know what has been changed or have a change log?

Thank you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There is already a thread that spans 28 pages and goes into details of what is the latest version.

Check out post 510 on page 26 of that thread which is the latest statement on the s/w version.

Do take note that post 557 on page 28, currently the latest post, @Mattricho indicates that the dealer told him a later update is coming but I have my doubts as Holden seems to be less than open as to what the versions and what the release schedule are. As such, I suspect the dealer is talking through their butt. Hopefully I’m wrong and a new map update and system software is around the corner where Holden finally ditches the Pandora app from MyLink.

Best to continue dialogue on that thread I guess.

This link, referenced by @Forg on post 25 of the above referenced thread, indicates how to determine the map version...

Last edited:

AJB23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon Black Edition
Have just been advised by Holden that the guidance system on the factory fitted equipment only has camera alerts as part of a charged update, they deny that what is in print, page 164, inside the 'VF Sedan & Sportwagon Owner's Handbook' is not supported by Holden and they hide behind the nonsense coverall disclaimer on page 2. This is full and complete false advertising and misleading to all those that have the guidance system fitted a factory standard, camera alerts existed across almost all brands of guidance system for years prior to the school zones alerts.

This is a clear example that Holden does NOT support their own products.

I am intending to report this as a breach for very many VF owners to the ACCC, would like to include any responses that members would like to send.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I had specifically asked for this to be added to mylink , they told me a map update would add it , $130 later and no alert , I was then told
there was a software update that would add it , I had half day off work $160 later and told my software was up to date and still no alert .
Put me down in that complaint .

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Me too. I have a series 1 redline and dont have the speed camera alerts etc.. add me in that complaint also..

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ditto. VF Redline, no speed camera alerts.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
No alerts available in my VF SSV either. Was advised some time ago that the upgrade is chargeable, despite the handbook suggesting otherwise. Part of Holden's known lack of commitment to customers and arrogance which has contributed to their current malaise.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No alerts available in my VF SSV either. Was advised some time ago that the upgrade is chargeable, despite the handbook suggesting otherwise.
Whereas Holden themselves claim that there’s no update which Holden will apply that can introduce speed cameras as a point-of-interest.
I’m not a fan of conspiracy theories so I’m not going with police agreements to keep big contracts; I just reckon their update software is so rubbish that they’re not able to update whatever part of the application it is that’s holding that functionality back, despite some saying that hackers can get to it.

AJB23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon Black Edition
ACCC has recorded this, and if enough of Holden owners complain it may become a market level that will allow ACCC to takle action directly for Holden making such lying and misleading claims to us all. As I am a pensioner I may take this to VCAT as the cost of submitting a claim is zero.

Thank you for writing to us about Holden. We have recorded the details of your report. We can offer you information about your consumer rights and how to resolve a dispute with a business.
How to resolve your dispute
If writing to the business does not resolve your dispute, you can contact Consumer Affairs Victoria. As your local consumer protection agency, Consumer Affairs Victoria can help consumers resolve some disputes. Find out more about how to make a complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria on its website.

If Consumer Affairs Victoria can’t help, you may need to take your complaint to your state or territory small claims tribunal.