Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink software update changes

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^

That's often the standard approach.

ACCC logs report for statistical reasons, handballs to CAV who may help you write a letter to the seller but usually end up handballing to VCAT. In the processyou can get some good info on how to structure your VCAT claim.

AJB23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon Black Edition
Thanks would like that, as probably many others that want to put in a claim, if enough do then fixing the issue within Holden would end up being cheaper than having to respond to every VCAT claim.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^
Yes, on these types of issues Holden needs a die of 1000 cuts.
Change will only happen if people upset by the lack of real updates lodge formal complaints and the numbers are big enough for ACCC to do something about it. If Holden had brains they’d fix the issue before such numbers become a problem (and to minimise all these small claims legal costs).

Fat Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SS
My VF11 SS has camera and school zone alerts. They just started appearing. No idea what I did and stuffed if I can find it.

My gripe is the lack of streaming now pandora has gone. Bluetooth is a pain in the arse.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My VF11 SS has camera and school zone alerts. They just started appearing. No idea what I did and stuffed if I can find it.

My gripe is the lack of streaming now pandora has gone. Bluetooth is a pain in the arse.
Did you previously use Pandora with a cable? Only downside there is the steering wheel controls to change songs won't work. Bluetooth works great with my Galaxy S8 and Spotify.

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
I contacted ACCC last year re my VF11 MyLink Sat Nav being a feature claimed/advertised to work but in many cases just gets lost, has no idea where it is, gives unsafe late directions, etc. GMH's Warranty literature appears does not exclude this Nav feature as it does for consumables like battery, brakes or globes. So why are new vehicles not installed with current up to date maps and while under warranty vehicle maps/system kept up to date when serviced by GMH dealers (as some manufacturers apparently do)?
I followed up my inquiry earlier today before reading this link and on request sent ACCC GMH's formal avoidance letter that Customer 'Support' sent me last year - it does appear 'something' is being looked into so I recommend others also write to the ACCC ASAP. Particularly while warranty applies. What have we got to lose as GMH has confirmed its attitude towards existing customer loyalty?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The accc is useless, just look at the colorado situation with countless people being denied engine replacements under warranty because of a self imposed acceptable level of oil usage by holden which is half of the engines oil capacity in 10,000km.
The accc is doing absolutely nothing and its clear the engines are stuffed because on most of the colorados they use no oil while the stuffed ones are eating 2liters+ over 10,000km.

Complaining to the accc these days is as useful as starting a change.org petition.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The ACCC is never going to be interested in complaints about outdated electronics in a car that’s made by a company which has an image in the market of selling cars made of outdated technology.

Which kinda sucks, because the VF no longer reads out SMS’s sent to my iPhone - it’s a feature I regularly used, I pick up my wife from the airport at least a dozen times a year.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Which kinda sucks, because the VF no longer reads out SMS’s sent to my iPhone - it’s a feature I regularly used, I pick up my wife from the airport at least a dozen times a year.

Really? Mine still work fine. You could always hold the phone key for more than 5 secs to get phone siri to read messages.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The ACCC is never going to be interested in complaints about outdated electronics in a car that’s made by a company which has an image in the market of selling cars made of outdated technology.

Is it an iPhone problem? My Samsung works fine.