Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
MyLink updates can correct software issues or provide later map data but they are distinctly different update products.

If I understand correctly the colour scheme depends on some calibration files that are tied to the VIN. It’s not the same as the MyLink system or map updates you would normally get. The colour scheme is model specific and goes across MyLink and instrument cluster (think Calais blue or SSV red) where each bit of hardware would have their own calibration files. As such Holden would not change the calibration files on models already out the door (which would also require a database change to specify new calibrations for a specific VINs) in the same way they won’t change your rims to match the newer model ;)

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Anyone had an update for the maps?

I asked today about it today at the local dealership and was told by the guy at the counter that no manufacturer had updated the maps for 5 years because the satellite (GPS) owners wanted too much money. I told him it there was no reliance on the satellite system to be able to update the map database but he was insistent he was right.

Any hoo has anyone got onto an updated map database?

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Trying to get my software updated. Whats everybody running?

Mine in a My19 Calais V Tourer

Software 84251862
Gracenote 23199236
Map 84149757

Cheers