Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink USB can't remember what album it was playing last...!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Stab in the dark here, but based on his reference to Cannibal Corpse and Led Zeppelin, if his Commodore chose to play Marky Mark at him he'd be taking it back to the dealer for full replacement under our country's lemon laws.
:)

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Your playlist is lacking in Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch

Stab in the dark here, but based on his reference to Cannibal Corpse and Led Zeppelin, if his Commodore chose to play Marky Mark at him he'd be taking it back to the dealer for full replacement under our country's lemon laws.
:)

I listen to mainly Black, Death, Thrash Metal, 60's/70's Psych/Stoner Rock, no Marky Mark & his not so funky bunch on my playlists, ha.

tranquilized

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0l
I've been trying to decipher a pattern to this and have come up with only one so far;

My partner drives the car, uses her key, and selects an album from the USB.
I jump in the car with my key, and it will be playing the album she selected during the previous drive.
I drive wherever, stop the car for a short time, then when I start it again, again with my key, it's playing the album I selected last time I was in the car.

The key used to start the car seems to have an effect in some completely random incoherent and useless way.

Other than that it's more or less random what you'll be listening to when you start the car except for the fact it's almost always something that's been selected recently.

It's not usually a big problem for us, I'm often undecided what to listen to anyway so it's almost a positive not knowing what'll be playing on any given startup. Most annoying scenario however is when you get in for a drive, select an album that's really hitting the spot, stop briefly for fuel/a drink/whatever, then upon re-start it's playing something completely different and you have to wait for the indexing to finish before re-selecting what you selected in the first place.

The fact that some people don't have this problem suggests there is a solution/workaround. Would love to know details of those not experiencing this - build date, usb stick brand/size, last update, anything really...

Gotta love MyLink.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
I have the same issue but..... found if you actually turn off my link and then switch off the car when i get back in and start the car then turn my link on it actually remembers the last song and continues from that playlist / folder. (S1 SSV for reference)

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
May 2016 build here, SSV sedan. My Mylink LOVES Ronnie James Dio. Whatever I am listening to, when I restart the car, the late, great RJD comes on. Not such a problem if I was previously listening to Iron Maiden/Ozzy/Whitesnake etc but bit of a shock when I was previously relaxing to some more sedate U2/Del Amitri etc. Scares the beejezus out of the wife if she's been driving and listening to some JPop haha. About 66 artists' music on my new Sandisk 8GB. Same drive but 16GB on my '15 Subaru XT works fine (exactly the same songs copied on both; 16GB cos the Subaru allows you to play video too when car not in 'D', so I loaded up a couple of RJD/Foo/Snakes' concert videos).

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The key used to start the car seems to have an effect in some completely random incoherent and useless way.

Other than that it's more or less random what you'll be listening to when you start the car except for the fact it's almost always something that's been selected recently.

I can definitely confirm it has nothing to do with keys... I only use one (the other is always in a drawer in the house), I'm the only driver of the vehicle and it seems to randomly choose one of two spots it's previously stopped.... and then it will throw in a curve ball and start 3 minutes into a song I haven't listened to at all since putting it on the USB.

With my new 32GB Sandisk tiny USB it also seems to say "Indexing..." every time I turn it on, which it didn't do with the older 8GB stick I had... same number of songs on it (although it still had some random start-ups).

And then, just to add some more variety, sometimes it will start the radio up instead, when I was listening to the USB on shut-down.

Last edited:

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Another "feature" of Mylink is that switching from AM to FM does not mean you will have the FM station presets as you might expect.
Or is that just me too?