Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink VF SSV Redline

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Hey Guys,

I see on these holden commercials, people using MyLink like Siri.... All I know is my MyLink is crap, is nothing like Siri, and can literally only be used (and hardly at that) to do things like 'ring wife'. I can't even make it tune to a radio station.

I have skimmed the manual, and as far as I know I should have more features than that.

Has anyone else had issues with MyLink, or does anybody know if I have set it up wrong?

I'd like to try some other peoples ideas prior to going to Holden.

Cheers,

Chris

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have just posted about a Mylink issue in another thread. I reckon its f***** personally and have had troubles with it since new.
I have tried voice command a few times with limited success.

If you are using an iPhone, plug it into the USB port and apparently it will work better. Mylink is designed to work with android, not Apples ios.

If you are not sure how to use it, drop in on your dealer and get them to show you.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Voice command, I use mine for:
- phone calls from my contacts;
- Navigation entry commands; and
- some stereo commands.
No real issues to date. But I can't send voice to text or set up meetings in my calendar like I could in my VE S2, but that is a compatibility issue between iPhone's Apple OS and the Android based software AFAIK?
You can also access Siri if you want to, by holding down the phone button for a couple of seconds.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Interesting.

However I definately cannot navigate to anywhere with voice control.

Thanks guys, will try out that Siri function too!