Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mysterious Date and Time Reset

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
A funny thing happened on the way to the (VF Commodore) forum. My wife complained that the clock in the car was showing the wrong time, something it's never done before. I thought, oh-oh, the battery's going (it's 5 and a half years old). However, when I asked if she had trouble starting the car she said no, everything was fine. So I checked, and sure enough the time was way off and the date had reset itself to August, 2012!
I reset it and it's been ok for the last couple of days and the car's been starting and running as normal. Has anyone else experienced this, or got an explanation for it? (And no, the battery has NOT been disconnected.)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The car has time travelled and returned to today...and in the process failed to destroy evidence.

Never hear about that....but hey...Holden ;)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
A funny thing happened on the way to the (VF Commodore) forum. My wife complained that the clock in the car was showing the wrong time, something it's never done before. I thought, oh-oh, the battery's going (it's 5 and a half years old). However, when I asked if she had trouble starting the car she said no, everything was fine. So I checked, and sure enough the time was way off and the date had reset itself to August, 2012!
I reset it and it's been ok for the last couple of days and the car's been starting and running as normal. Has anyone else experienced this, or got an explanation for it? (And no, the battery has NOT been disconnected.)

it could be hiccups starting due to inconsistent/low voltages or the mylink might have crashed at some point causing a reset of the stored data.
i would not worry too much yet but if it does do it again you might want to get the battery tested or look into it a little more.