Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mystery hood lining problem

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ok so i just noticed something wrong with my hood lining. Would be good to hear someone say that this is normal, but i doubt it is. It appears as if the material is falling, or something is pushing it out. Note the clear line across the material. The pics dont really show how major this problem is lol. its alot more obvious in person.

P.S. sorry for massive pics, believe it or not, those are the scaled down ones!

55438233.jpg

83646413.jpg

Now for pics of what i believe may be the problem.There is a bluetooth antena/signal booster or something installed on the rear windscreen, and it appears to run a cable along under the hood lining. Im not 100% sure on what this thing is or what it does, as the person who sold it to me didnt know as it was already installed when he got it. There was a little antena sticking out, but i unscrewed it as it looked funny...

38334051.jpg

58551899.jpg

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Mate, thats the cable from the mobile antenna running on the otherside of the lining, thats what is causing the sagging. Its not the liner itself.
Remove the cable & u wont see the lining like that.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah thats what i thought was the problem. Not my next problem. Ims cared as **** about pulling my roof apart! haha.

anyone got a 'how-to' for this kind of thing? is there a gregorys manual ect for these model commodores yet?

Has anyone got/had one of these things installed? i cant seem to figure out how to get it off the rear windscreen?... do they go through the glass?

oh btw its a VZ SV6 if that helps.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Check the "How to" section of this forum - there is a detailed description of how to remove and replace the hood lining.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
only one i can find appears to be for a VN?

even trying the obvious things like taking off the handles doesnt seem to change anything. Or maybe im just being too careful, i dunno.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
UPDATE!!

i managed to find where the cable for the bluetooth thingo runs. Turns out it runs down along the passanger side, and NOT across the middle of the roof. This is a big pain in the ass, as it now means the cable is not cause the drooping hood liner, and things can only get worse from here on...

:bang:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Looks like u will have to pull apart the liner after all unfortunately, All you'll need to do is remove all ceiling trim. At the top of the centre pillars there is a lil plastic cap, remove that, undo screw & remove pillar covers.
Then u move onto ur A Pillar trim next to that, remove grab handles, then remove pillar trim, might take abit of effort to remove so be patient.
Im not to sure about the rear pillars, it shouldn't be that much more difficult than the fronts.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i thought about taking off those clips for the centre pillars, but they were so tight i thought maybe they were just apart of the trim. Might have to try and force em off, all without scratching/breaking anything......

if anyone knows where i can find out how to take it apart in detail, let me know.