Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

N/A ecotec mods???

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
dyno comp mate, did it for giggles really...
Get's tuned with more mods this month..
I only used my car as an example of steve's products working in a true bolt on drive off application.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I don't want to spend much on my N/A Ecotec VX but is it worth just getting the spacers and pretty much leaving it at that? All I really want is that little bit of extra kick down low. To give you an idea of what I am working with, everything on my car is stock except wheels and head unit.

MACE

Reaction score
I don't want to spend much on my N/A Ecotec VX but is it worth just getting the spacers and pretty much leaving it at that? All I really want is that little bit of extra kick down low. To give you an idea of what I am working with, everything on my car is stock except wheels and head unit.
Given your budget and the gains your after I would highly consider our manifold insulator and plenum spacer (in this order)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Which size of each? I've read bigger on one, smaller on the other for NA and the opposite for forced induction.

Rapid Mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6
Yeah, I know this is an old thread but I've searched for before and after dyno figures for the spacers.

No luck so far.

Looks as though Mk2 is/was in the same boat as me with my VX. I'm not interested in any more than the spacer and insulator package.

Can anyone show me dyno figures before and after this simple mod on an Ecotec?

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
In that case may e offer to Steve go do so? They di work mate and every dyno is different as we all know.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yeah, I know this is an old thread but I've searched for before and after dyno figures for the spacers.

No luck so far.

Looks as though Mk2 is/was in the same boat as me with my VX. I'm not interested in any more than the spacer and insulator package.

Can anyone show me dyno figures before and after this simple mod on an Ecotec?

The spacers increase the runner length, giving more torque at lower revs.

You wont see much of a power gain, but you will feel it from takeoffs. Match it up with a good CAI, and it works wonders.

Rapid Mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6
The spacers increase the runner length, giving more torque at lower revs.

You wont see much of a power gain, but you will feel it from takeoffs. Match it up with a good CAI, and it works wonders.

Thanks for that Kiddo. I understand the theory of tuned intake length and plenum volume quite well but am still hoping that someone may have actually measured their improvements.