Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

N to nM

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
I today got my car put on the dyno to get a baseline number before i do basic mods. I managed to pull on the first run 250rwkw (wow) with only a VCM OTR and some lifter tick it made 5657n with a peak speed of 197kph. Is there any way to convert this to nM or has anyone had any numbers similar with a nm reading for reference? Thanks!

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
No, there isn't a way to convert them being two completely different types of measurements as far as I know.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
No, there isn't a way to convert them being two completely different types of measurements as far as I know.

Dr Google tells me the same thing.

And I thought millennials were got at the internets.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I today got my car put on the dyno to get a baseline number before i do basic mods. I managed to pull on the first run 250rwkw (wow) with only a VCM OTR and some lifter tick it made 5657n with a peak speed of 197kph. Is there any way to convert this to nM or has anyone had any numbers similar with a nm reading for reference? Thanks!
What car are you driving?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Surely your dyno operator should have given you the torque values as well? Do you have the graph?

That 5657 figure is related to the motive force or
tactive effort and is a figure used to standardise the use of having different dyno roller sizes.

A Dyno with 273mm diameter rollers will have Roller Torque figures approximately
24.6% higher than a Dyno with 219mm rollers, but both dyno’s would show the same
Power and Motive Force.

Anyway I think it's better to be concerned with before and after results and if you're hspph with the improvement, happy days.

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Surely your dyno operator should have given you the torque values as well? Do you have the graph?

That 5657 figure is related to the motive force or
tactive effort and is a figure used to standardise the use of having different dyno roller sizes.

A Dyno with 273mm diameter rollers will have Roller Torque figures approximately
24.6% higher than a Dyno with 219mm rollers, but both dyno’s would show the same
Power and Motive Force.

Anyway I think it's better to be concerned with before and after results and if you're hspph with the improvement, happy days.
I agree, I’m just concerned with how much I make before and after. He did show me the nM graph but it didn’t have any reading only the Newton’s showed