Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Name it, Find it, Shoot it

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Ok this thread can either be a success or a complete fail, but either way hopefully some people can get something out of it.
And considering the old Melbourne Photoshoot locations thread has been deleted, this is the new interpretation.

The idea is, if you have a scene in your mind that you would like to do a photoshoot at, name the style of scenery you are after, and hopefully someone on here will know of a location that matches, and they can either just provide the location, or if they have existing photos of that location post em up.

The place i am after, is old rustic, run down gas stations, similar to the ones shown below.
Now obviously I'm aware these are alot more common in the USA then suburban Melbourne, but hopefully someone knows of something around town.
Even if its not an actual petrol station, just a run down, dilapidated shed/factory

int_7.jpg

int_2.jpg

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Troyziee, check out the servo in williamstown, if you take the exit off the westgate geelong bound, follow it for about 5k's. I was going to use it for a car shoot, then stopped doing cars so have never used it. Mint site for night though, I wouldnt bother with long exposures as toomany vatrious light sources, a good 4-5 light setup should do nicely.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
cheers Minux.

Is it actually along the road you exit from the westgate (Melbourne Road) or do you turn off somewhere? i looked down the entire road on google street view right into Williamstown itself and the only thing i found close was this...

View attachment 131754

is that what you were referring to or did i miss it?

And Verynice, ye I've seen that other thread, though this isnt really a game/challenge like that thread, this is more of a mash-up between the old "Melbourne Photoshoot Locations" thread and request's/advice from other forum user's to find the ideal spot that you want.

Cheers, Troy

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
cheers Minux,

found it, but unfortunately its no longer there! went for a drive down to scope the area out and ye obviously been knocked down :(

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What the???? It was ther elike 3 weeks ago lol.

Damn I was using it for a wedding in 3 weeks.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
lol well dont take my word for it then, maybe i very stupidly missed it (I dont know how...) but maybe if your driving near there check it out, or if someone from that area can confirm/deny this?

Let's hope I'm a blind old goose that stupidly missed it!