Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names Compulsory on the 2016 Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
~ helped finance Hitler's rise to power in Germany and used to send him well wishes and birthday cards ~

So did Henry Ford, does that mean all ford drivers should be on some kind of watchlist?

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
So did Henry Ford, does that mean all ford drivers should be on some kind of watchlist?

Only if they believe extraordinary and fantastical claims about the nature of the world in the face of absolutely zero evidence, and preach and/or enforce such beliefs onto those who do not.

It's not fair to single out only ford drivers, anyone with a history of acting out delusional fantasy in today's interdependent and technologically dangerous world should be subject to at least some form of scrutiny.

It's mandatory, if the human race is to survive. Whether we deserve to is still up for debate in my book.

P.S.
Alas, an argument for an entirely different thread.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Not only Henry Ford but also Harvey Firestone, John Burroughs and Thomas Edison. The group was called The Vagabonds back in the days; they shared the same ideologies.

Here is some interesting IBM Nazi Computers.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Don't forget to mention that he is also complicit in, and most likely privately condones the sexual abuse of minors. Also worth mentioning that his predecessors helped finance Hitler's rise to power in Germany and used to send him well wishes and birthday cards as he cheerfully exterminated the Jews. Alas, an argument for an entirely different thread.

Very true sadly , but it is a topic for another thread as you've pointed out .

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I trust no one you dumb fùck! Such a presumptive asshole you are...

A lot of what you mentioned above I don't use. What I do is make a judgement call based on the pros and cons, ie risk level of information provided against reward of using the service or product.

For example, seeing as you brought them up......

Facebook: No upside what so ever so it gets zero information. Not even a single IP packet to their servers. In using it you may as well send a written invitation to every demented sociopath on the planet to come jerk off all over your children.

Instagram: see above

Telco & ISP: In work's name, work pays, no personal information provided aside from the service delivery address in the case of the landline.

Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung etc: See above plus VPN.

Linked In: see facebook

Foxtel, Netflix etc: does anyone think there is an upside here? Doesn't do anything that torrents and vpn can't do more effectively with less risk. Oh yeah.. and it's free!

Australia Post: Service address and name, rarely used. Often delivered to work.

Local Postie: Definite Theif, wouldn't cross the road to piss on him.

Bank: Unavoidable if I want anything but cash. Doesn't mean I give them any more than I have to, and I definitely don't trust them.

Insurance: don't have any

Ticketek: don't use, my entertainment comes to me

eBay: business details only. Less than zero trust. currently plotting the murder of the entire board of directors.

Paypal: see eBay

Gumtree: do I appear homeless?

Online forums: Are anonymous. Kind of the whole point of this thread... Derr! :doh:

My employer: trusted as far as I like, only to pay me what I am owed and nothing more.

Friends and family: you are neither shíthead so.... none of your fùcking business.

Car dealer: never would trust them.

Car service: do it myself

Real estate agent (malignant land rat): don't even like them, let alone trust them. Never used them.

Landlord: don't have one

DoE: On my hitlist.

Medicare: minimal details provided in order to obtain free medical stuff... Obvious pros.

Local council: don't trust, avoid like plague. The self entitled cùnts know where I live, can't be helped.

Utilities: see telcos and ISP

ABS: They don't just want my name and address they wish to summarize my entire life, store it and cross reference it for who knows what. And there is absolutely no upside for me. Almost everything else above is my choice. ABS are attempting to force me to hand over information, no freedom of choice. As far as I am concerned THEY GET NOTHING!

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Information and knowledge is a powerful weapon. Can be used for good and/or bad. Most of the info gathering is sold anyway, for the sole purpuse "of serving you better". That is how you get bombarded with adevertisement everywhere you go. Trying to convince you to buy some that you do not want and/or need. I do not have F-Book or Twatter, those things are non value added crap on my life; full of gossips and ads. Look around you, how many people with their heads down, self-isolated from the rest ("connected" is the excuse); for example, disrupting the workforce. People are becoming nonproductive zombies. What I find interesting is, if you give a diary/journal to someone to keep and then publish it, that individual wil say that is private. If is on F-Book is all perfectly OK to tell the entire WWW all the inner secrets of their shitty lives.

How many of you find convinient to logon with F-Book? To me that is a single point of failure as far security. Someone can hack on your account and create all sorts of damages. In the USA the car insurance company Progressive gives a discount if you place a tracking device on the ODB2 port of your car. The point is to see your driving habits and tracks your commute, record your traveled distnace and speed; GM OnStar does the same thing, but, for a fee to share with you part of the info, for free without sharing. I see no fundamental differences between that device and an ankle bracelet used by people on house arrest. With all the electric throttle, electric steering, ABS, computer control breaking, etc... it is possible to "remote control" your car. So much for security, public safety, etc... that allows the manufacturer to "remote control" your car. All it takes is a good hacker break in to the OnStar system. Can you imagine someone sends a signal to apply the brakes of few cars on a busy hwy. Just enough to disrrupt the traffic flow; or as simple disable all GM OnStar equiped cars on a certain time of the day, let us say... for few hours.

I love technology, do not take me wrong. Technology is a tool, the right tool shall be use to solve the problem. Tech is not the answer to every problem (the meme of "there is an app for that"), if there is no problem, the tech community creates a problem (called "finding a product demand/need").

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The coverage has now shifted to "if you don't complete the census you could be fined $180 a day after September" and "if you provide misleading information you could be fined $1800".

Why don't they switch to the more accurate census model of sampling data? Get people to volunteer to be part of the sampling, and complete it quicker and far more efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.