Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang tyres

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Hey guys, i was just wondering what youse thought of nankang tyres. i'm thinkin of getting them, along with a set of 18" vyss rims for my car. i've never heard of them before, so if youse have any personal reviews on them, that would be great.
Thanks.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
IF they are silica compound ones they stick like chewwie in ya hair and better in the wet....but nankangs for 14/15/16inch are ****, absolute crap first puddle ya hit u will do a nice big aquaplane...but 17's n up they started makin them really good and they have a high high speed rateing....but i preferr the Dunlop SP sport range

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
got nankang 15's....good if you like your car sideays. other wise buy another brand.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
ive got 235 45 17 on mine, the NS2 model and they stick very well, very hard to get them to loose grip, dunno about wet yet cause it dont rain, but id say it would be good, i had sava on there before these and i wouldn't recomend sava at all, very hard and crappy

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
oh ok. they want about one hundred and forty something, or one hundred and sixty something (can't remember) per tyre. that's off ebay, for new ones. i sent an enquiry through bridgestone and when they replied, i nearly died. they wanted over $400 per tyre (potenza GIII). so i think i'll stick with the nankang ones, it's just that they're so cheap :S seems dodgy... and i had never heard of them before... but if the 18" ones are good, why not? how much life do you get out of em?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh get nangkang you can't go wrong i got mine for $135 a tyre fitted and ballanced, just make sure you get the NS2 model, the other models are crap.

EDIT:
Mine are pretty new so i dunno about how many k's you get out of them. Only other tyres id buy other than these are goodyear eagle F1 if your after the best.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
actually they want $300 per tyre for the Firestone Wide Oval. that's $1200 for a set of tyres, i think i'll be right lol. hey does anyone know what milage you'll get out of a set of nankang ns2's?