Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang tyres

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Spend $200 + on Firestones or spend $150 or what ever for a Nangkangs,there good, got alot of grip but dont expect a Bridgestone or such quality from this tyre as lots of drifter Jap cars use em cause there cheap,grippy and good enough for a quick fix

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Berlinarator said:
actually they want $300 per tyre for the Firestone Wide Oval. that's $1200 for a set of tyres, i think i'll be right lol. hey does anyone know what milage you'll get out of a set of nankang ns2's?

all depends how you drive, min ive seen under hard wear from other forums on the net is 30-40k mark is average.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Hmmm... $300 for Bridgestones, or $150 for Nankangs... saving $150/tyre ($600 total). i don't really wanna be drifting lol, does anyone know whether they grip really well in the wet???

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
NS2's are a silica tyre which should grip better in the wet than your normal tyre, silica is usually only used in high end tyres. Thats why there so damn good value for money, and if you going to pay $150 a tyre id prob shop around first, you should be able to get them cheaper than that.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
The1 said:
all depends how you drive, min ive seen under hard wear from other forums on the net is 30-40k mark is average.
I guess that's not too bad, but mum and dad had a set of Bridgestone Ggrid (something like that) on their vr, just standard 15" and they've lasted over 4 years / 60,000k's +. but they were fairly expensive (for 15's) i'm just wondering whether it's worth going the extra $600 for the Wide Oval's over the Nankangs.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
The1 said:
NS2's are a silica tyre which should grip better in the wet than your normal tyre, silica is usually only used in high end tyres. Thats why there so damn good value for money, and if you going to pay $150 a tyre id prob shop around first, you should be able to get them cheaper than that.
Alrightie, they sound not too bad. has anyone got a set of them (17" +) and tried them in the wet?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Get nangkangs or what ever you want but i am only giving my advice on previous tyres myself,mates and tyre fitters have recommened to me so.///

The old saying goe's you get what you pay for?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh me to, both tyres are uni-directional which means rotation only one way, both have similar tread patterns, both are a silica tyre, to me i can't justify the extra price for pretty much the same thing.

I dont wanna link from this forum or take you away from this forum, but streetcommodore forums have bucket loads of threads on nangkang tyres from all different people, have a read. :)

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
lol corrupting me. jokes lol. alright man i'll give it a go. and to everyone who posted, thanks for your advise.