Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang tyres

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
wouldnt that mean that they are directional? i thought uni-directional meins either (eg unisex)

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
im running on nangkangs 19 inch 235\35 and there great i cant fault them

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
yea i had a good read up on their forum, and they sound really good. they grip really well, wet or dry, and people are getting up to 70,000k's out of em. the only bad thing is the road noise that comes with it. i cbf going the extra $600 for a good brand, i think i'll put up with the extra road noise. thanks again for ur help everyone.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
just turn up the sterio

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
They are crap i rekon some places that sell mags will not give u the full warranty if you choose to buy these tyres. Id spend an extra $300 and get some good 1s

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
alot of places dont give the option of what tyres u get when u purchase brand new rims,unless u pay extra. and often they come with nangkang i have purchased **** loads of rims in 4 differant sizes and a billion sets of nangkang tyres what makes them so crap mate? why would they put them on with no intenion of honouring a warrenty claim? sound a bit silly dont ya think?

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
kritical said:
They are crap i rekon some places that sell mags will not give u the full warranty if you choose to buy these tyres. Id spend an extra $300 and get some good 1s

Tempe tyres in Sydney use Nankang on 99% of their rims and tyres package. They also give you the full warranty.

I just got NS2s as well and I really cant fault them. I had Dunlop SP 3000 or something (whatever the XR6s came with) and I reckon they grip alot better. In regards to road noise I couldnt tell the difference. Well my exhaust with no rear resi doesnt help ;)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Never used Nankang, I have Scudo Silica 17" tyres, very good grip, worn out too quick, at 10,000ks pretty much finished. Maybe it normal because it's soft?

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
i've got nankang ultra sport wrapped in my 17 inch Advanti Photons......there sick tyres man..mine where $125 each..i don't really know much about them apart from that they are Taiwanese