Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I had Nexen's once, wouldn't buy them again. As for Nankangs, they are pretty average mid-range tyres, nothing to write home about.

I've got Dunlop Sports Maxx on the SS at the moment, and I'm pretty impressed by them. You can barely tell the difference between wet and dry, and you'll struggle to spin them, even in the wet unless you're trying. About $250-300 a corner on 18's.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nankangs are black and round (well most of them are). Beyond that not much good can be said of them. Whacked them on my last car before I sold it as they were the cheapest thing I could find. Very skatey in the wet but should last a long time.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Dont waste your money on them. Tyres like this should be banned for sale. They are **** at stopping, are horrendous in the wet etc.

Buy decent rubber, after all you get what you pay for...anyone who says these tyres a good are either on drugs or have never used decent rubber.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
obviously some must be good..

Because the ones i run on the front are damb good tyres in the wet.. i can hit large puddles and have no effect just keeps going

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
obviously some must be good..

Because the ones i run on the front are damb good tyres in the wet.. i can hit large puddles and have no effect just keeps going

It's quite easy to make a tyre which doesn't aquaplane, you just put huge grooves down it, but to make a tyre which has lateral grip in the wet, wears well, and also has good comfort/noise levels is a challenge. It's really about the rubber compound they use, more than the tread design.

I've had Yokohamas, which score well in the wet grip and comfort, but wear very quickly and cost a lot, Nankangs which are cheap, grip poorly (esp in wet) and have average comfort and wear characteristics, Kumhos, which are similar to Nankangs, Nexens, which were only slightly better than RE92's, and most recently the Dunlops, which aren't quite as comfortable as the Yokos, but are much more consistent across the wet/dry, but cheaper and seem to wear better.

You mostly get what you pay for with rubber.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
well these are quite, never had a grip issue in the wet and are 160 each fitted and have over 30thousand ks on them..

cant complain from my point of view

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
i had them on the front when i brought my VT and "wanli" tyres or something like that on the back and both were terrible in the wet and the noise they made was annoying....i now have dunlops on all 4 and its A LOT better, as people said you get what you pay for, these were 235/45/17's

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Dont waste your money on them. Tyres like this should be banned for sale. They are **** at stopping, are horrendous in the wet etc.

Maybe it's just your driving style? I've driven over 15,000km's on the set i have and have never had any issues with them.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Maybe it's just your driving style? I've driven over 15,000km's on the set i have and have never had any issues with them.

Or maybe it is because I have always had good rubber to compare them too and not always plodded around on chinese/korean crap? The only thing these tyres are good for is a burnout pad.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...

Maybe you cant count and those 15,000km's were actually 1,500km because of poor camber and stupidity....

Status
Not open for further replies.