Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Or maybe it is because I have always had good rubber to compare them too and not always plodded around on chinese/korean crap? The only thing these tyres are good for is a burnout pad.

Pfft. If you feel that you need to spent $250+ a tyre to have something "good" underneath you then you are deluded. As i stated. The Nankangs i have on my car have lasted 15,000km's that i've had the car for. In that time, they've been more than adequate for day to day driving, wet road, dry road, greasy road. It doesnt matter, they've performed to the standard of any other tyre i've driven on in the past.

If you just want the wank factor of saying you've got the most expensive tyre money can buy, and that keeps you sleeping soundly at night then that's fine. But if that ignorance gets in the way of open mindedness then you're a fool, plain and simple.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Pfft. If you feel that you need to spent $250+ a tyre to have something "good" underneath you then you are deluded. As i stated. The Nankangs i have on my car have lasted 15,000km's that i've had the car for. In that time, they've been more than adequate for day to day driving, wet road, dry road, greasy road. It doesnt matter, they've performed to the standard of any other tyre i've driven on in the past.

If you just want the wank factor of saying you've got the most expensive tyre money can buy, and that keeps you sleeping soundly at night then that's fine. But if that ignorance gets in the way of open mindedness then you're a fool, plain and simple.

What does price have to with anything? The tyres I use constantly do well in reviews because they are one of the best. Nankangs consistently do **** because well, you get what you pay for with rubbish. As for open mindedness, I have tried more brands of tyres than you have owned, Nankangs are defiantly not rated anywhere near some of the other even cheaper options.

Tyres are not something you skint on especially when you need to stop in a hurry, that extra money could mean a full 1-2 seconds better stopping time, which could mean your life.

Anyway, use what you want though, the guy asked opinions not what you thought was wank factor.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...

As stated earlier, you get what you pay for, you pay little, you get little, given the fact that the rubber wrapped around the stupidly big rims that morons have on cars these days is the only contact between the road and the car, and as a DIRECT RESULT OF BEING THE ONLY PART OF THE CAR IN CONTACT WITH THE ROAD, effect braking, steering, accelerating, why skimp out and run rubbish on the car, cause it helps you do hektic burnouts uleh or because understeering into a gutter in the wet makes you feel like a man???

Nankang are rubbish tyres, always have been, always will be, the only thing that they are good for is hektic burnouts at macca's on a friday night to impress the high school virgins...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
What does price have to with anything? The tyres I use constantly do well in reviews because they are one of the best. Nankangs consistently do **** because well, you get what you pay for with rubbish. As for open mindedness, I have tried more brands of tyres than you have owned, Nankangs are defiantly not rated anywhere near some of the other even cheaper options.

Would you like to back those comments up with some statistics? Or are you just going to make claims on other peoples claims? I've read plenty of reviews and as far as Nankangs go for tyre performance, sure you could do better, but you could do a hell of alot worse aswell.

This is a thread about Nankang tyres. Nankangs are fine for what they are. Day to day driving, they perform as you would want them to. If you're going to take them out onto the track and try to match them against a $300 a piece tyre, ofcourse they're not going to stack up well. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
As stated earlier, you get what you pay for, you pay little, you get little, given the fact that the rubber wrapped around the stupidly big rims that morons have on cars these days is the only contact between the road and the car, and as a DIRECT RESULT OF BEING THE ONLY PART OF THE CAR IN CONTACT WITH THE ROAD, effect braking, steering, accelerating, why skimp out and run rubbish on the car, cause it helps you do hektic burnouts uleh or because understeering into a gutter in the wet makes you feel like a man???
Tyre being the only thing that contact the road.....im shocked, it seems like i learn something everytime you reply in this thread. First i learnt how to count, and now im learning what part of the car contacts the road.

Excellent lessons. Do please keep them coming. Im waiting for you to tell me that rain comes from clouds next!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Would you like to back those comments up with some statistics? Or are you just going to make claims on other peoples claims? I've read plenty of reviews and as far as Nankangs go for tyre performance, sure you could do better, but you could do a hell of alot worse aswell.

This is a thread about Nankang tyres. Nankangs are fine for what they are. Day to day driving, they perform as you would want them to. If you're going to take them out onto the track and try to match them against a $300 a piece tyre, ofcourse they're not going to stack up well. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

My comments are based on what I have tried more than what I have read, can you show me say one article that compares your wonderful nankangs to say SP Maxx and has the Nankangs coming even close to the Maxx? Ive done many drive days where ive tested many tyres, so I am basing what i see and feel from experience, not just from an article. It is not comparing apples and oranges, it is comparing TYRES, regardless of cost the guy asked what they are like.

You like nankangs, thats fine, I will stick to using what I know works much better in all conditions regardless of cost as I value my life alot more than a few cheap tyres.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have Nankang, maxxis and wanalli on misc wheels in my garage right now. They are all great for drifting. 'nuff said.

Reaper

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My comments are based on what I have tried more than what I have read, can you show me say one article that compares your wonderful nankangs to say SP Maxx and has the Nankangs coming even close to the Maxx? Ive done many drive days where ive tested many tyres, so I am basing what i see and feel from experience, not just from an article. It is not comparing apples and oranges, it is comparing TYRES, regardless of cost the guy asked what they are like.

You didnt say that, you said in reviews. Come on,cough them up. Stop asking me to provide the proof that you've claimed that there is out there.

You like nankangs, thats fine, I will stick to using what I know works much better in all conditions regardless of cost as I value my life alot more than a few cheap tyres.
And as i stated, Nankangs have never let me down in any conditions, daily driving or pushing the car hard through the spur or up and down mt. baw baw, so your claims are quite rediculous to say that i put my life at risk using a "cheaper" tyre. Because, even though you say you dont care about price...you just made reference to your superior, more expensive brand.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
nankangs are a good tyre...... until you try basicly any other brand, kumho tyres are about the same price and are far better,

the only tyre ive found worse then nankang is diamondbacks, they have little to no grip in the wet, but you cant expect much for $170 for a 19 inch tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.