Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Minux, i think you're just argueing for the sake of it now, any further posts you make in this thread should back up the information with WRITTEN PROOF, as you've stated exists as to Nankangs being a rubbish tyre.

Otherwise, you're just going backwards and forwards over the same thing you have said. If you do have these reviews that you claim to have read, post them up and enlighten people to them, just dont post that you've read something official, when the only review is a "seat of the pants" review conducted by yourself.

Back up your statements please. That's all im asking for. Otherwise you posting your own views as being common, documented knowledge may sway peoples opinions in the wrong direction for the wrong, mislead reasons.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
been running nankang ns2s for the last 3000kms now.

Cant say ive had any problems. They actually drive better then the bridgestone/khumo combo i had (but they were low on tread)

They have gripped well when they have needed too (been a couple times) and i havent had any trouble with them in the wet (they arent slippery, but then again i dont drive like a wank)

Good budget tyre i say. Payed $149ea for 17s, could have got supercats for $189ea or Bridie Adrenalins for $239ea, but decided to save the money for the daily and put it elsewhere.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Minux, i think you're just argueing for the sake of it now, any further posts you make in this thread should back up the information with WRITTEN PROOF, as you've stated exists as to Nankangs being a rubbish tyre.

Otherwise, you're just going backwards and forwards over the same thing you have said. If you do have these reviews that you claim to have read, post them up and enlighten people to them, just dont post that you've read something official, when the only review is a "seat of the pants" review conducted by yourself.

Back up your statements please. That's all im asking for. Otherwise you posting your own views as being common, documented knowledge may sway peoples opinions in the wrong direction for the wrong, mislead reasons.

Sorry, anyone can read the reviews of my tyres in wheels tyre reviews which are done yearly, I am unsure, but do wheels even conduct tests with nankangs? I know each year my SP Maxx rate pretty well, perhaps we could ask them to try nankangs to get an official test, no doubt they would laugh at the consideration.

As for arguing I stopped because I got sick of hearing the same crap from someone who says nankangs are a good everyday tyre. Only one who keeps going on is yourself. The only thing that would be a wrong direction or misleading would be someone actually believing these second rate tyres are any good.

Im done with this thread, feel free to keep ranting though.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Tyre being the only thing that contact the road.....im shocked, it seems like i learn something everytime you reply in this thread. First i learnt how to count, and now im learning what part of the car contacts the road.

Excellent lessons. Do please keep them coming. Im waiting for you to tell me that rain comes from clouds next!

Rain comes from clouds and your mother should have had you put down at birth as a service to try and raise the national IQ level...

Minux, i think you're just argueing for the sake of it now, any further posts you make in this thread should back up the information with WRITTEN PROOF

Before you ask me to prove anything i have said...

pushing the car hard through the spur or up and down mt. baw baw

So your the reason they are lowering speed limits and Holden owners are tagged as hoons.... NICE WORK EINSTEIN!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rain comes from clouds and your mother should have had you put down at birth as a service to try and raise the national IQ level...
Bringing personal insults into it now are we?
If you cant make your point without making a personal attack then your point was probabaly not that good in the first place. And because reading and comprehension doesnt seem to be something you ever learned, you've just made even more of a fool of yourself. Well done buddy.

So your the reason they are lowering speed limits and Holden owners are tagged as hoons.... NICE WORK EINSTEIN!!
I dont really see where you got that from? There is a difference between driving a car hard and hooning. It is quite possible to push a car hard within the limits of the road rules.

And this gets back to what i was saying at the start of this before yourself and minux decided you wanted to start some kind of elitist tag-team post matching debacle. For driving on the road, within the limitations of the road rules, and the driver, Nankang tyres have never given me any problems.

So i go back to my very original point. If you're struggling, while on the road to get traction in the wet, or to stop the car, or even just to turn a simple corner as people have eluded to in this thread,while using Nankangs, then maybe it's your driving style that needs modification. Because from where im sitting, there aint a damn thing wrong with making my car start, stop or corner, no matter the road condition.

Oh and Minux, why dont you use Accelera Alpha Tyres? From a review i found conducted by Wheels (the gods of all things automotive apparently) they have a higher rating than your esteemed SP Maxx's??

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Minux, i think you're just argueing for the sake of it now,

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You seem to be dragging this out demanding proof and evidence.

This is a discussion forum where people can offer up opinions, advice and debate topics with other users. Because a person or persons disagree with you, doesn't mean they must provide scientific proof or factual evidence. You like that brand of tyres however Minux and a few others here have disagreed with you. Now you need to suck it up that everyone in the world will never agree with you, move on and go for a drive on your chosen tyres.

Have a great Easter :thumbsup:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You seem to be dragging this out demanding proof and evidence.

This is a discussion forum where people can offer up opinions, advice and debate topics with other users. Because a person or persons disagree with you, doesn't mean they must provide scientific proof or factual evidence. You like that brand of tyres however Minux and a few others here have disagreed with you. Now you need to suck it up that everyone in the world will never agree with you, move on and go for a drive on your chosen tyres.

Have a great Easter :thumbsup:

All things being fine and dandy, what you've said would be fine. Except for the fact that Minux has made a claim to written reviews which put Nankangs into a "terrible" light. Yet, when asked he cannot or will not show these.

The OP asked for an opinion. What are they going to be more likely to believe? Person A who say's

"I drive on Nankangs every day and dont have a problem with them"

Or Person B

"Reviews state that Nankangs are a rubbish tyre and they are dangerous to even drive on the road with and should not be sold"

Unless he can bring in the evidence to prove what he has said, it isnt relevent to the discussion. It would have been fine if he had brought that opinion over from a personal experience standpoint.

Im fine to leave this where it stands, im not going to lose a wink of sleep over this thread. This thread asked for opinions. I've given mine, with no outlandish claims made to support them. But as you said. It is a discussion forum, and this is what this is. It's a discussion.

Im discussing my opinions on the tyre. Minux is making up fake statistics. And DS is trying to be a comedian but falling horribly short of the mark.

If they dont want to be a part of the thread anymore that's up to them. Im not forcing them to reply to what i write am i? So i dont really see either where you fit into all of this. Or is that all that you do on this forum? Bring no technical knowledge of anykind, but just float around at the willing of others and poke your nose where it wasnt invited or needed.

This is a discussion thread about Nankang tyres. it's not a discussion about how to post on a forum. So unless you've got an opinion based on experience, i suggest you leave before you fill this thread with anymore nonsense.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
So i dont really see either where you fit into all of this. Or is that all that you do on this forum? Bring no technical knowledge of anykind, but just float around at the willing of others and poke your nose where it wasnt invited or needed.

This morning you thought I was male. I see you are continuing to assume things about me. You have much to learn about me young 'rasshopper :dance:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
All things being fine and dandy, what you've said would be fine. Except for the fact that Minux has made a claim to written reviews which put Nankangs into a "terrible" light. Yet, when asked he cannot or will not show these.

The OP asked for an opinion. What are they going to be more likely to believe? Person A who say's

"I drive on Nankangs every day and dont have a problem with them"

Or Person B

"Reviews state that Nankangs are a rubbish tyre and they are dangerous to even drive on the road with and should not be sold"

Person C - the final word on such things - Me :)

I do more km than most on this forum and have driven on many brands of tyres. Be told - Nankangs are ****. End of thread.

Reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.