Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Narva Arctic Blue

JUZDVS

242.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Just brought some of these bulbs to replace my fog lamps and park lights. Haven't tried them before but didnt want to buy that calibre crap that supercheap sells.

Have installed the bulbs and am pretty happy with the brightness of them as they're alot better than the standard ones but after having a look last night when it was quite dark they don't even look blue at all. In fact they are quite yellow to look at, the description on the packaging says "Distinctive icy blue/white headlamp appearance".

Anyone else have the same trouble with these? I'm thinking of getting my money back.

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
I have a set of calibre bulbs in my VY S2 exec and have found them to be quite good, they produce a nice white light and have a good lighting distance.
Heaps better then the stock bulbs that came with my car.

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
i just put a set in my VS last week. at first i was unimpressed also... i guess i was expecting something like the 300C headlights. but like you have described they seem brighter and a bit whiter but didnt look blue at all...

i thought it must be because the headlight covers (or whatever u wanna call it) on my VS aren't really clear. well not compared to newer cars...

but a few ppl have told me they do look blue and i have noticed a blue glow when parking in front of a white wall.

but im happy with them... they are definitely alot brighter than standard globes

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Ive got them in the VK, a **** load better. I think you have to be a fair distance to see the blue. If you look at one coming the other way the blue tinge goes yellow when you get closer.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I have some Phillips Crystal visions in mine and even though they claim it to be blue, its not at all. Very white light though and doesn't look yellow at all.

JUZDVS

242.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I'm definately happy with the quality of them, way better than the standard ones I had in before but I was a little peeved when I couldn't see the 'Distinctive icy blue/white headlamp appearance'.

Can't find my receipt so I guess I'm stuck with them now:(

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
I have some Phillips Crystal visions in mine and even though they claim it to be blue, its not at all. Very white light though and doesn't look yellow at all.

amen to that. old girl has a set in her au and old man has them in his motorbike
very very good lights compared to standard.
i got myself a set today for my vs and soo much better and whiter, with no yellow what so ever. recommend them to everyone
$80 for high/low beams and parkers
$70 for high beams (bursons geelong)

sl33per

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
I can empathize dude I brought the exact same globes for my foggies and expecting them to be white they were bloody yellow. I have cystal vision lowbeams and narva platinum in my high beams (they are ****ING bright) I dont think narva make any whiter lights in H3 which are what the foggies are from memory. start lookin at phillips, let me know if u find a good white set in H3.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
I have calibre supercheap brand in my headlights and foglights which claim to be white/blue and they definately have no blue appearance. I'm stil on the lookout for a nice white/blue set, people seem to be finding it hard to find??

The headlights are definately whiter, but still are white/yellow with no blue at all.
My last car had HID headlights and they were very blue..more so then white..they were hot.

On the other hand, my foglights are disappointing, they are pretty much still yellow..