Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NARVA Blue Power headlights = terrible

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
If Narva wont swap them for a better pair,just get them to swap them for a new pair of Narva Blues then sell them on Ebay,that way you get some of your money back & theyre still in the original packaging.Just write unwanted gift or something.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I have phillips crystal vision and they are 100X better than the standard lights. Before you throw them out, make sure that they are clean and try them again. Give them a wipe with metho and don't touch the bulb again. The smallest amount of dirt or oil will dramatically reduce the illumination.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I was very careful not to touch the bulb in the first place :p, so I'm doubting that the problem. I measured the voltage at my headlights and I'm getting 11.6, would this matter much?
I'll say now that my stock bulbs are brighter then the Blue Power ones, which would lead me to believe the voltage being what it is doesn't matter..

Haydz: Which philips do you have?

What I really want is a whiter light, not the yellowish colour that it is stock, and would like some more light too.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
anything with blue in them is junk
i had osram cross stars extra 50% and wow they were awesome
i just replaced with new Philip's extra white and seem fine very white
i had blues and got defected and they were pure rubbish
all blues in any brand are illegal in SA even narvas and Philip's
i would be taking them back to who you bought from and tell them they are junk and want refund or swap for white globes

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I have already tried to get my money back, but they aren't going to do anything about it grr! That's actually what prompted me to post on here, had to vent a little. Are the Philips extra white's good? Do you get more light output as well as the white colour of the light?

Benboy: Crystal Vision is illegal isn't it?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Let me know what lights you end up with and how they go. I'll be driving from Sydney to cairns in a few months, and i'll need new lights before i go as mine are so farked i can't tell sometimes if there on or not and i have to check!! .

I've looked around, but so many different brands and different opinions. It's good to hear it straight from a fellow Commodore owner who's actually brought them.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
anything with blue in them is junk
i had osram cross stars extra 50% and wow they were awesome
i just replaced with new Philip's extra white and seem fine very white
i had blues and got defected and they were pure rubbish
all blues in any brand are illegal in SA even narvas and Philip's
i would be taking them back to who you bought from and tell them they are junk and want refund or swap for white globes

Blue visions are street legal, they are DOT compliant. Anything that is whiter than that is not. The reason being is cos they don't illuminate very well in the rain. Even the blue visions seem slightly duller in the wet. Have a look at the phillips web site and it tells you what is legal and what isn't. I have also heard the x-treme power are good, 80% more light but not sure how white they are.

X-treme Power

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Tried Narva blue globes once. As you already know they are hopeless. I managed to get my cash back though and bought the phillips crystal vision globes which are excellent but pricey. Phillips Crystal Vision FTW!