Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NARVA Blue Power headlights = terrible

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just wanted to vent my anger towards these stupid headlights. I've paid $100 to buy them, high/lows and high beams, and they're worse than my stock headlights. Was driving in the rain the other night with them in (the first night I had them in actually), and I couldn't see a thing, I wasn't even sure if my headlights were on! I went back to th place I bought them and they won't do anything about it, so I've wasted $100 on globes that I'm not going to use, and that I can't sell because I'm not going to tell someone that they're good when I know that they aren't.

So what did I learn? Don't buy NARVA Blue Power headlights, and don't listen to shop assistants, do your own research and then go into a shop to buy what you want.

100% more vision my a$$.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
flog them on ebay & let someone else find out there useless.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I couldn't do that to someone lol. Plus then I'd get bad rep on eBay, don't want that now do I :)..

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Contact Narva directly, I'm sure if you speak to the right person (this is the key) and be persistent enough, they'll swap 'em for some +50s or something. :)

I've had problems with Narva in the past, and they weren't unfair with helping me out.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I've already emailed Narva, got a guy called Steven (can't remember last name). The thing is, Blue Power are a combination of Plus 50 and Arctic Blue, which means they should be better yes? The guy told me that in the email (that they're a combinaton). He said they'll be willing for me to swap them for nother pair, but they'll just be the same, so why would I want to do that? :S

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Well arctic blues never lasted long in the beginning, due to them having to burn brighter and hotter to create the same amount of light through a blue filter. +50s are decent globes, I'm assuming they burn hotter without the blue filter, they don't have the low temp white look, but you can see quite well.

So if he's willing to swap for +50s I'd go for it, but I'm not quite clear on if you meant he'd only swap for another set of Blue Powers, or if he'd swap for any globes in that price range.

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
i put a set in my car a couple weeks ago. i dont think they were Narva tho. just a $40 set from supercheap. i wasnt impressed at first coz i didnt think they were very blue but they are heaps brighter and in night time you can notice the blue

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
..... but I'm not quite clear on if you meant he'd only swap for another set of Blue Powers, or if he'd swap for any globes in that price range.

Either am I. All he said was they'd be willing to swap, didn't specifically say for Blue Power or for same price etc.

I've talked to a mate and he said that Philips headlights are better anyway, Philips Blue Power or Crystal Vision.. Agree?

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yeah they seem to be a bit lower temp light than the Narva counterparts, they paint everything a shade of... I guess you could say a mix of light purple/aqua.

They look great from a bystanders point of view, but I've never driven with them.

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
the ones i got were Calibre - Extra Vision Blue. it sed on the pack ultra white light and 50% more light volume. they were just under $40 so i thought what the harm in givin em a crack. and yeah like i sed, im pretty happy with em. fairly bright and a nice blue tinge. thats even through old VS headlights