Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

narva plus 50's vs Philips Blue Vision

orchie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec SI
ive been reading through the thread on this but cant seem to find a definitive answer...
if i purchase either of these globes (im currently leaning towards the Philips BV's), will the light appear blue at all, or just whiter and brighter??

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
well, the narva plus 50s wont be whiter, theyre only aimed at more light.

the bluevisions wont look blue while you're in the car, but if you look directly at the globes from outside while on at the right angle, it will look blue.

if you want nice, white light to drive with, go bluevisions, if you want more light, go plus 50s, but id recommend the philips visionplus for distance, 50% extra light as the plus 50s are, but all philips globes use quartz halogen glass, stronger than normal halogen when it comes to condensation and instant heat.

Bob129

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
I've bought a pair of H4's off ebay, shipped from hong kong, just search for "maruta". They are basically Phillips bluevisions, but like $15. My mate has had a pair for 6 months now and they are still working, ive had mine for a bit ova a month, and are still working fine. I also got the H3's for the high beams, and sum White LEDs for the parkers, so now ive got nice clean crisp white light all the time :)