Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nastas's 1k bomb

Nastas

Reaction score
Name: Sean
Model: VS executive
Colour: Rubens Mica
Bodykit: VS clubsport side/rear, VT clubsport front
Engine Type: 3.8L ecotec
Engine Mods: YT 1.8 Roller rockers
Power: Dunno
Exhaust: Extractors, 2.5" catback
Gearbox: auto ATM
Diff: Standard
Brakes: terriable
Suspension: Monroe GT shocks, Superlow King springs
Wheels/Tyres: 18" XHP Scorch
Interior: Isotta Leather steering wheel
Stereo: Pioneer Headunit, Polk MMC6500 6.5 Splits in front, Kicker ZX200.2 speaker amp, Kenwood rears, Option Audio 1500wrms sub amp, 2x12" alpine S subs. 12sq ft Stinger sound deadening in front doors
Build Period: 6 months
Cost: 1k purchase, 1k suspension, 5k for blower, ~700 manual conversion, 1k stereo, $350 roller rockers, ~1k on random fixing crap
Future Mods: LOTS

K well this is my 1k VS that i bought off a good mate at the very start of the year and has been sitting on my lawn untill i finnally got off my arse and registered it last week. ATM its got the exhaust, rockers and suspension in. I have also got most of the parts for a manual conversion and as soon as thats in have a raptor supercharger that i will be installing. Had the manual and blower sitting at home for a good 3months now waiting to be installed. Cant wait to have it all in. Sorry dont have any pics of it lowered yet. Will give it a clean and get some 2moro

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 374
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 297
  • newtoys.JPG
    newtoys.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 293
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 236
  • polk.jpg
    polk.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 259

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Nice score man, keep us up to date with the mods!

bittsa

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR acclaim
very tidy, but that looks to me like a turbo to me not a supercharger.... i may be wrong... just checking my knowledge

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Nice score for 1k, bargain. How come you got it so cheap?
Not a fan of the kit or any of that, but the blower and the manual, good work :D Bet you cant wait to get it on

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
Thats a bargain bro .. The raptor on that with the manual will be sick as a daily driver. . Next you will need a locker . .

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
very tidy, but that looks to me like a turbo to me not a supercharger.... i may be wrong... just checking my knowledge

Raptor are a brand of centrifugal style supercharger which is similar to the workings of a turbo. They both share a compressor wheel (seen in picture) but instead being driven by the exhaust the supercharger is driven by a belt from the engines crankshaft. The belt pulley would be mounted on the underside in that photo. Positive displacement aka roots superchargers are different altogether.

Nastas

Reaction score
bittsa its deffinetly a supercharger. As for the locker i have been in contact with some people about getting a mini spool installed. I would also like some shorter diff gears but cant really afford them atm. Should have the mini spool in before the blower is on though.

AS for the price, a mate bought it for 9 then spent 4k on wheels tint steering wheel etc. He then broke the engine mounts, power steering, water pump and decided to buy a skyline so sold it to another mate for 2k. It sat on the other mates lawn for 8months before he decided to move to brissie and sold it to me for 1k.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
thats a nice colour but please please lose the gold badge !!!!!!!!!