Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nasty ass crash

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
DAMN!!!!
That had to hurt...

If indeed the driver was some sort of tool, as is alleged, why is it that tools can afford such nice cars?
Apart from the taillights, which would look much niced as clear chrome backed ones, it looks like it was a very nice car.

I am perplexed as to why the instruments stayed on thier positions...what would have caused that? I don't know of any car that, when you cut the power, the gauges stay on the last spot they indicated...very odd...unless you can say "Photoshop"...:whistling

The truck-doing-100 and car-doing-@150-160 and washing off 20km/hr before impact would account for the level of damage...it looks far more like a 40 km/hr impact into a solid object while hard on the brakes (if it was a WRX, it would have had anti-lock brakes, therefore no skidmarks? Just a thought...) You are right...if he'd been doing 100 into a stationary truck, he'd have been wedged in that far all you'd see would be the number plate, no matter what sort of car he was driving, Jap crap or Holden Commodore...car versus truck usually only has one outcome...:unsure:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Wombat said:
DAMN!!!!
I am perplexed as to why the instruments stayed on thier positions...what would have caused that? I don't know of any car that, when you cut the power, the gauges stay on the last spot they indicated...very odd...unless you can say "Photoshop"...:whistling

i agree. if you have a close look you can see the persepctive on the speedo needle hub is definitely wrong. it's been Image-Rotated :)

Wombat said:
The truck-doing-100 and car-doing-@150-160 and washing off 20km/hr before impact would account for the level of damage...it looks far more like a 40 km/hr impact into a solid object while hard on the brakes (if it was a WRX, it would have had anti-lock brakes, therefore no skidmarks? Just a thought...) You are right...if he'd been doing 100 into a stationary truck, he'd have been wedged in that far all you'd see would be the number plate, no matter what sort of car he was driving, Jap crap or Holden Commodore...car versus truck usually only has one outcome...:unsure:

i also agree. you can see the crash has what's called underrun, where the truck underrun barrier has failed to do its job (it's too high up). a 100 km/h underrun crash would have decapitated anyone in the front seats.

i'd say closer to 40, maybe 50 at a guess!

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
squashed frog?

toady.jpg

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Years ago trucks were not required to have an under run bullbar at the back of the truck.Because of this any car slamming the back of a truck would fit underneath the truck and we all know what the outcome of that was.I won't print it here.Now trucks by law have to have the under run area blocked off and this is probably what saved this guys life.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Nasty crash !

Last edited:

nemo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
Speaking of nasty arse truck accidents.

Attachments