Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nate's Green Machine (VY SS)

GreenMachine02

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SS in Hothouse Green
Hey guys,

My name is Nathan, but usually it's Nate.

Picked up my VY SS last week. It's an '02 Holden Commodore VY SS in Hothouse green.

78,000 on the clock with Leather, Sunroof, Weather Shields, Tint Holden Quicktrack system. The previous one owner has put in a Motorola bluetooth kit, but can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone.

Really happy with my purchase as I have been looking at V8's for a few months, and this one popped up at the right price and love the colour! It's a huge upgrade from my Nissan Pulsar (she served me well)

Already bought my first mod, which are the 2 piece engine covers in Glossy black with LS1 logo.

List of things I want to do are:
* Cat-back exhaust (not too loud, but want to hear some V8 rumble)
* Double din touch screen headunit with GPS/Bluetooth etc

Anyway, Pics

Cheers,
Nate.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Looking good mate. As for the headunit with GPS and all that. I can connect my GPS up to the headunit and keep the GPS in the glovebox although kinda defeats the point of buying a GPS is its to live in the glovebox. So unless you buy one that comes with a GPS already built into it.?

As for your exhaust are you gonna do the entire thing? or just catback?

Loving the colour.

GreenMachine02

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking good mate. As for the headunit with GPS and all that. I can connect my GPS up to the headunit and keep the GPS in the glovebox although kinda defeats the point of buying a GPS is its to live in the glovebox. So unless you buy one that comes with a GPS already built into it.?

As for your exhaust are you gonna do the entire thing? or just catback?

Loving the colour.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, I am looking at getting a Clarion VX400 from the states as they are cheaper over there. That has most bells and whistles. But I'm unsure if I would be able to get the GPS to work in Australia and also I know the DVDs only work on Region 1. So I need to do a bit of research.

And also I want to be able to retain my steering wheel audio controls.

As for exhaust, just wanna get something with a nice note that doesn't drone and cat back only.

Thanks for looking!

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey mate, i was looking at a headunit from the states with all that GPS whizz bang. They have to reprogram it or add in the australian maps and it'll cost you extra. and as for the DvD's i have no idea. sorry mate.

the more expensive head units have a port in the back that allows you to plug the steering wheel controls into althought you'll need to buy a adaptor and its not cheap for what it is. i think i paid $200? + labour? dont qoute me on it tho. and the buttons work but you gotta like press and hold it. kinda like they lag or get stuck. they work but its like press... hold... let go... then it changes song etc.

Usually you can avoid drone with a muffler/hotdog. my mates dad has a VZ SS with just twin 2.5inch catback. sounds pretty nice and its not overly spastic no idea on drone tho. sorry mate.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Sweet car mate, love the black leather and good pick-up with only 78,000 on it, Just one suggestion...Lower makes it meaner;)

GreenMachine02

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, thanks for the comments!

Lower would be good! In due time though :D

GreenMachine02

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys,

Got my new engine covers -

As for exhaust, I've decided I'm going a XForce S/S Twin 3" system.

Cheers,

Nate.