Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans 4gen Liberty Wagon

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Yeah it's a nice car, the Stagea they did was cool too. I'm so envious of all those guys and thier project cars. Definitely a lot of time and money involved though, as you would know, lol.

Absolutely frothed hard over that stagea, would love to own one one day. But, it should've been LS, using that japanese v8 was just a lot of work for not much gain - still awesome though.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Absolutely frothed hard over that stagea, would love to own one one day. But, it should've been LS, using that japanese v8 was just a lot of work for not much gain - still awesome though.

I was talking to Ben (mechanical stig) and he said they couldn't use a ls1 as the awd would have been in the way from the stagea , and couldnt have used a adventra transfer case as the steering shaft was in the way etc

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I was talking to Ben (mechanical stig) and he said they couldn't use a ls1 as the awd would have been in the way from the stagea , and couldnt have used a adventra transfer case as the steering shaft was in the way etc

Really? fair enough then. I thought the motor they used would've been physically bigger than an LS, but maybe in the right areas. The AWD is really awesome though, in the video turbo yoda said they didn't use the LS because of the displacement and that they could get away with lower displacement but none of it's legal, the thing runs a screamer pipe so not sure what that was about.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Really? fair enough then. I thought the motor they used would've been physically bigger than an LS, but maybe in the right areas. The AWD is really awesome though, in the video turbo yoda said they didn't use the LS because of the displacement and that they could get away with lower displacement but none of it's legal, the thing runs a screamer pipe so not sure what that was about.

Yeah that too since cant really ls1 swap much in aus